LAKE TAPPS Help...

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
shaqdiesel
Angler

LAKE TAPPS Help...

Post by shaqdiesel » Tue May 13, 2014 2:20 pm

Hey guys, new to the forum and I was just wondering if there was anyone out there that would be willing to give me some tips on fishing lake tapps, I have a boat and fishfinder and I live in the area so thats where I "try" to catch smallmouths but Ive only had limited sucess last year around some of the docks. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Re: LAKE TAPPS Help...

Post by Amx » Tue May 13, 2014 2:24 pm

Be sure to read all the fishing reports for Lake Tapps, lots of info there that can help. There is also a topo map here on WaLakes, check that out.
Tom.

Interests: living

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Tue May 13, 2014 2:26 pm

maps;

http://washingtonlakes.com/TopoMaps.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

reports;

http://washingtonlakes.com/ReportList.aspx?id=67&t=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tom.

Interests: living

BassDood
Commander

Post by BassDood » Tue May 13, 2014 4:10 pm

Haven't fished Tapps for a couple of years, but there's a couple of places that have produced for me. Directly across from the boat ramp at the park and to your left down the shoreline...the point you come to and on the backside of that point to secondary points have produced for me. The bridge at Tapps Island and that whole area can be good. Directly across from the island on the points in front of the big houses is productive. A lot of other areas can be good too. I just toss a crankbait, 5 inch grub, or a splitshot rig with a reaper type bait. Be careful with the crankbaits...muskies will hit them
http://s783.photobucket.com/albums/yy11 ... =slideshow" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

KevinS
Petty Officer

Post by KevinS » Tue May 13, 2014 6:09 pm

From another thread - Using Google Earth to view a satellite image of Lake Tapps when the water level is lowered to see structure to fish:

If you use Google Earth, go to Lake Tapps, click on [View], select [Historical Imagery] and go back to the 3/3/2005 image. Image shows the lake when the water level was down. When your cursor moves over the image, you can note the GPS location to hit that spot when the lake is full. Granted, the image is now 9 years old, but I don't think that much has changed to not make it useful.

shaqdiesel
Angler

Post by shaqdiesel » Tue May 13, 2014 7:38 pm

thanks for the tips you guys I really appreciate it they are really helpful, I will have to give it a go this weekend and I will let you guys know how it goes.

2000subaru
Commander

Post by 2000subaru » Thu May 15, 2014 9:09 am

I can hook you up as I spend most of my time fishing Tapps. PM me and maybe I'll throw you a spot or two.

bass kickin redneck
Petty Officer

Post by bass kickin redneck » Sat May 17, 2014 9:48 pm

when i first started fishing tapps i fished boat docks and shore line it was ok since then ive moved to flats and ive had Alot of success good luck out there
Shut up and fish

tbrinks
Petty Officer

Post by tbrinks » Wed May 28, 2014 8:38 am

I have heard alot about this lake but mostly about the great Muskie fishing. Just checked it out and it looks pretty interesting with all of the different fingers, points and stuff.
Attachments
getmap.png
getmap.png (80.5 KiB) Viewed 2349 times
Spokane, WA
Navionics Sponsored
http://www.tbrinksfishing.com