Clear Lake Break In

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Bisk1tSnGraV
Captain

Clear Lake Break In

Post by Bisk1tSnGraV » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:16 am

I took my daughter out to Clear Lake in Pierce County yesterday for some quality Father / Daughter time. We did have that and had a great time fishing. Then a fellow fisherman came up beside us asking if we owned a white minivan. It had been broken into. Went back to the launch to see some tweakers busted out the rear window and made off with three of my bass rods & reels. We had taken my daughters dog and I wasnt sure how she would do on my small boat so I said to myself I dont need all these rods and reels for her to get tangled in if she gets nervous. Was a painful mistake. So if you end up hearing of anyone trying to offload the following let me know. Thanks.

Lamiglas Excel XL 7116 C Flipping Stick
Lamiglas Excel XL 705 Glass Crankbait Rod
St Croix Mojo Bass MBC70MF Plastics Rod
Abu Garcia Revo SX 6.4:1 Right
Abu Garcia Revo SX 7.1:1 Right
Abu Garcia Revo S 6.4:1 Right

I havent ever left my gear in my van before and the first time I do I get bit by it. Hope this can be a lesson to every one as it was a brutal one for me.

BentRod
Admiral

Re: Clear Lake Break In

Post by BentRod » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:06 am

That stinks! Sorry that is how your trip ended.

Bisk1tSnGraV
Captain

Post by Bisk1tSnGraV » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:52 pm

And to think my tax dollars are supporting these losers as well I am sure.

spindog
Commander

Post by spindog » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:26 pm

Bisk1tSnGraV
Crooks are everywhere, if you can't leave your car door unlocked you have too many valuables sitting in the
parking lot. Times are tough, losers and addicts are the norm at most of the launches I frequent.

Sorry for your loss, I realize it's more than money, those rods and reels have history and sentimental value I'm sure.
Sucks being invaded, I always get caught up on who and where is my stuff right now.
Have fun ordering up some new trick stuff.
Cast first, worry later.

DaveF
Angler

Post by DaveF » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:50 pm

I am sorry for your loss, My wife and I fish clear once a week and have seen alot of garbage and beer cans all ovr the public launch lately....and lowball strugglers asking to bum a smoke....~sigh~.....you know those retards snag and snap with-in three casts off the shore right there.....I pull old line outta my prop everytime....again sorry for your loss and I hope they burn in hell for eternity.
"Fish," he said softly, aloud, "I'll stay with you until I am dead.”
~Hemingway The Old Man and the Sea