Flippin Decisions........

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Bassmaster2008
Petty Officer

Flippin Decisions........

Post by Bassmaster2008 » Sun Jul 22, 2007 12:54 pm

When you guys are flipping, you have a couple options of bait for the environment. But do they all basically do the same thing? What makes you choose a bait? When I look for my stuff to flip, I have sweet beavers, brush hogs, jigs, kreature bait (maybe), and future to come that flippin hog thing. Are there any advantages any of these baits hold over the others or advantages at certain times?

danielt
Commander

RE:Flippin Decisions........

Post by danielt » Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:13 pm

As far as flipping goes...you can flip anything you want. But the advantage come in size and color. 99% of the time I flip or pitch its gonna be a jig or jig type bait. If its cold and the bass aren't that active a smaller jig with a slower fall will be better than a half oz jig and huge chunk. When its really hot and the bass wont take those monster baits Ill flip a 1/8oz ball jig with a shaky head worm. All of the baits you said above will work with a bullet style weight Texas rigged, pegged or not. When you are in super thick cover add more weight. The bait is more confidence than anything else because they all work.

CK14
Lieutenant

Post by CK14 » Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:42 pm

danielt wrote:The bait is more confidence than anything else because they all work.
yep, i agree with that. i like jigs or brush hogs.

tnj8222
Admiral

Post by tnj8222 » Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:23 am

also agree. if im flipping docks i like senkos and tubes for skipping. if its brush i will flip a jig or a brush hog.
Anthony
http://static.photobucket.com/player.sw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... EO0054.mp4
if everyday was a good day there would be alot more fisherman.

Bigbass Dez
Admiral

Post by Bigbass Dez » Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:02 am

I do well fliping Texes rig , this allow me to switch up baits color, size, style etc . without having re-tie ... I think that fliping is one of the best ways to entice those monster Bass .. sometimes its just a matter of puting that bait in the right spot at the right time and flipping allows an angler to do this .. It has been know for a long time that most bass have been caught on either Jigs or Spinner baits period ! I even think back to last years classic and Boyd Ducket took a gamble and with less than a hour left, he decided to flip lilly pads for his final fish and he went a good 40 min without a bite , but when he did get bit it was Toad and that was the fish that made the difference ..my point is that he went to his confidence bait at the right time and won the event .. BBD :-"
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dobyns Rods
http://www.dobynsrods.com/

Panic Minnow
http://density-tackle.com/

3 Rivers marine
3riversmarine.com

B.A.S.S member
F.L.W. member
T.B.F member

Official WashingtonLakes.com Video Consultant

tnj8222
Admiral

Post by tnj8222 » Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:17 pm

i agree with bbd. confidence is everything.
Anthony
http://static.photobucket.com/player.sw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... EO0054.mp4
if everyday was a good day there would be alot more fisherman.

kzoo
Commodore

Post by kzoo » Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:16 pm

When I flip I look how thick the cover is. If it's not too thick, I'll use texas rigged bullet weight creature baits or jigs. If it's that really thick stuff, I'll use something with less appendages, I use a heavier florida rigged (with the rattles, you can use a pegged weight, but I like the rattles) worms, try to use something that doesn't get hung up too much. Some pros use these short bulky plastics with short craw appendages. Flipping can be a blast, they also seem to catch the bigger fish.