Upset

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Rich McVey
Sponsor
Sponsor

RE:Upset

Post by Rich McVey » Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:41 pm

Good point Jens, but its still just our preference that all hawgs be C&R. Everyone has a different opinion about it.

If it had been a hatchery fish the same size, would you have kept it? (assuming it was in season)

Would I prefer to catch a hawg today or a dink? A hawg of course, but its not our place to say the kid was wrong.
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jens
Commodore

Post by jens » Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:00 pm

RaMcVey wrote:Good point Jens, but its still just our preference that all hawgs be C&R. Everyone has a different opinion about it.

If it had been a hatchery fish the same size, would you have kept it? (assuming it was in season)

Would I prefer to catch a hawg today or a dink? A hawg of course, but its not our place to say the kid was wrong.
He would have kept it if it were a hatchery. I have raised him to release most of what we fish for and that goes for bass. Our taste buds desire salmon only with a few trout here and there. Bass, he caught a 5 lbr last summer and let it go. I asked him what he would do if he caught that pig that swims in my lake(legends say it is over 10lbs) what he would do if he caught it and no one was around. He is fortunate enough to have a camera phone, so his first comment was, "take a picture and let it go." But if no one was around and wasn't able to take a picture, I am positive that fish would be 15lbs to all his friends...:^o
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"One more......."

Rich McVey
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Rich McVey » Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:32 pm

My point was, the rules said he could keep the hatchery not the native and thats what you would have done. Me too. Same for the 8yr old that fishin initially referenced.

I totally agree about the look on their face when they pull in something impressive. The big ones do get pulled, fact of life. That should just give the rest of us drive to find the next big hawg and continue the educational efforts.

I dont necessarily like the news when I hear about huge muskys getting taken, but its not worth the personal stress to look down on the people who leagally do.

Rich
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.