WL.com Bass Trophy Board 2009

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
quickfish12
Petty Officer

RE:WL.com Bass Trophy Board 2009

Post by quickfish12 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:54 pm

why be upset about longarming fish??? if someone wants to more power to em. lol

Bisk1tSnGraV
Captain

Post by Bisk1tSnGraV » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:02 pm

And doesn't the fish pictured still weigh 9 or 10 pounds whether or not it is long armed? I say if you catch a trophy bass pose any way you want to ... I will still be in awe. Great job on those monster bass!!!
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'course they don't have biscuits and gravy ... but if they did, I bet everyone would eat there.

tagwatson360
Commander

Post by tagwatson360 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:44 pm

This is about what I'd expect.

FYI, my elbows are bent. I'd prefer to not hug the fish against my chest and get its slime coat all over me. Sorry the picture didn't turn out to your liking. I apologize. Also, I'll make sure and scold my friend who took the picture and tell him to do a better job next time.

I knew better than to ever post a fish picture on this forum. I certainly will never post another fish picture on this website. I should have learned my lesson from Robberelite.

Also, JWerner catches some of the most pristine, gorgeous looking fish I've ever seen and always captures amazing photos of his big largemouth and smallmouth bass. I personally like to see the colors and the detail of the fish. After all, the fish is the subject matter of the photo.

To others, thank you for the kind words and good luck this season.

fishaholictaz
Admiral

Post by fishaholictaz » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:59 pm

tagwatson360 wrote:This is about what I'd expect.

FYI, my elbows are bent. I'd prefer to not hug the fish against my chest and get its slime coat all over me. Sorry the picture didn't turn out to your liking. I apologize. Also, I'll make sure and scold my friend who took the picture and tell him to do a better job next time.

I knew better than to ever post a fish picture on this forum. I certainly will never post another fish picture on this website. I should have learned my lesson from Robberelite.

Also, JWerner catches some of the most pristine, gorgeous looking fish I've ever seen and always captures amazing photos of his big largemouth and smallmouth bass. I personally like to see the colors and the detail of the fish. After all, the fish is the subject matter of the photo.

To others, thank you for the kind words and good luck this season.

They were just giving you a bad time Tag do it your way :cheers: More people are for you then against you here. You have much love from most of the WL crew :cheers:
A fisherman= A JERK ON ONE END OF A FISHING POLE WAITING FOR A JERK ON THE OTHER!!
Hello, my name is Tim and I am addicted to fishing!
Coming to you from Wyoming!!!
Photo bucket

SPARKY101
Captain

Post by SPARKY101 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:45 pm

Nice job guys....man this place is sure goin down...Tag im behind you 100% i got your back anytime...I wish i was just good enough to be able to hold a fish of yours,Jwerner,robberlite size.....you guys are what feeds the need to get better..
Member:Capital City Bass Club

Team OLYBOYZ

http://s477.photobucket.com/albums/rr135/sparky240v/

BentRod
Admiral

Post by BentRod » Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:06 pm

Well, personally, I'd like to see more pictures of empty hooks, or guys sitting cold and shivering on a boat while the fish are jumping a foot off the bow....... so I know that I'm not the only one out there! :clown:

Who cares. As long as there is some reference (words or in the pic) to the size of the fish, I love to see pictures. Bring'em on!

Heck, I'd not know that bass get above 1 lb. if it were not for other people's pictures! :colors:

bassmasterderek
Commander

Post by bassmasterderek » Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:16 pm

I guess we need a four-year degree to take a picture of fish! I knew I shoulda went to college!

Tag, thanks for the GREAT pics! We have learned allot from you and would hate to see you stop posting these hawgs. I look forward to learning more from you. These hawg pictures got me motivated to start swimbaitin, before it seemed like allot work for a few hawgs. But it's all in your pictures dogg. Them some pretty bass! Without the close-up GREAT pics that were shot I could not have enjoyed such beautiful, detailed patterns of these HAWGS. Keep on Keepin-on Tag.

thanks again TAG
BMD

flippinfool
Commander

Post by flippinfool » Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:42 pm

HAL GET A LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LIVE LIFE DONT LET LIFE LIVE YOU GO FISHIN!!!!!!!!

flippinfool
Commander

Post by flippinfool » Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:44 pm

AND I DONT SEE U HOLDIN ANY FISH!

Aaron
Owner/Engineer
Owner/Engineer

Post by Aaron » Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:00 pm

tagwatson360 wrote: This is about what I'd expect.

FYI, my elbows are bent.
That's not the only thing bent out of shape. Relax! Nobody's questioning your photos or the bass they contain. You've posted some really amazing stuff. I can speak for myself when I say I was just poking fun, but you're really letting one guys opinion get under your skin, when you should just ignore it if you don't agree with it.
tagwatson360 wrote: I knew better than to ever post a fish picture on this forum. I certainly will never post another fish picture on this website. I should have learned my lesson from Robberelite.
What's that supposed to mean? Our forum doesn't cater to the flaming, bickering, arguing and posturing that other forums do.
Aaron
Owner/Software Engineer

2009 Hewescraft 20' ProV
2009 Mercury Optimax 150
2012 Tohatsu 8hp 4-stroke
Minn Kota Terrova #80 i-Pilot
Humminbird 959ci HD DI
Baystar Hydraulic Steering
Traxstech Fishing System

BassinBomber
Admiral

Post by BassinBomber » Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:01 pm

Hal wrote:If I'm taking a picture of someone holding a nice fish I get reda$$'d when they hold out the fish to the camera. Sometimes I even kick em in da jewels simply because of it... I'm just saying, don't hate!:bounce:
Hal,..you OBVIOUSLY don't know Tag Watson and J Werner very well,..theses guys straight out catches pigs,..U-NEED-CHECK-YOURSELF-B4-U-WRECK-YOURSELF",..what a juvinile thing 2 say,.................................................................

Tag Dizzel,..don't even worry about this Hal-Gal,..you need 2 continue 2 post your pics man,..they gives us all something 2 shoot for bro! JMHO!

BB
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Passion-4-Bassin"

Aaron
Owner/Engineer
Owner/Engineer

Post by Aaron » Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:04 pm

SPARKY101 wrote:Nice job guys....man this place is sure goin down...Tag im behind you 100% i got your back anytime...I wish i was just good enough to be able to hold a fish of yours, Jwerner, robberlite size.....you guys are what feeds the need to get better..
Going down? Tag gets upset over a comment and we should run for the hills?
Aaron
Owner/Software Engineer

2009 Hewescraft 20' ProV
2009 Mercury Optimax 150
Humminbird 959ci HD DI
Traxstech Fishing System

Aaron
Owner/Engineer
Owner/Engineer

Post by Aaron » Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:06 pm

I think everyone needs to take a step back, and realize that NOBODY is questioning the size or weight of anyone's fish! Please, let's stop polluting this thread with this line of conversation.
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aaron
Owner/Software Engineer

2009 Hewescraft 20' ProV
2009 Mercury Optimax 150
Humminbird 959ci HD DI
Traxstech Fishing System

BassinBomber
Admiral

Post by BassinBomber » Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:10 pm

Aaron wrote:
SPARKY101 wrote:Nice job guys....man this place is sure goin down...Tag im behind you 100% i got your back anytime...I wish i was just good enough to be able to hold a fish of yours, Jwerner, robberlite size.....you guys are what feeds the need to get better..
I'm not sure how many out there know of the multitudes of members that Tag has given advice/opinion/help 2,..he has and will continue 2 be an inspiration for me and allot of others,..I think it's only fair that we "stick-up" for him per say and watch his 6 for him,..no matter what the issue is! "And that's all I have 2 say about that"!

BB
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Passion-4-Bassin"

BentRod
Admiral

Post by BentRod » Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:21 pm

Hey all, just re-read my post....don't get me wrong, I want to see pictures!....I only mentioned referencing the size cuz sometimes it's hard to tell....doesn't mean you have to do it. It's a free world. One guy saying something off color can do a lot of damage.

ChrisB
Captain

Post by ChrisB » Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:21 pm

This is ridiculous. Just delete all the posts starting with Hal's. Its not Hal's fault this all started, it just got out of hand.

I know Tag and JWerner both personally and they are both class acts, and we are privledged to have them on this site.
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aka Powerworm

SPARKY101
Captain

Post by SPARKY101 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:26 pm

Aaron wrote:
No iron maiden songs posted during this battle haha...no not really going down as all 10k guys and gals gone..But losing 1 of the best pig fishers and someone to ask for advice and gain insight knowledge in the bass world,Thats a loss..I was skeptical into talkin to Tag about 6months ago because i thought he was just on a higher standard and wouldnt have givin me the time of day.If it wasnt for jerimiah,i wouldnt have never called him.And 6 month later,i still talk with tag and continue getting info.I would like to think of tag as my phone a friend.Thanks TAG for all your thoughts opinions and pics.Maybe 1 day i will have the TagArm of the law of PB's the extended version.

Team OLYBOYZ

SPARKY101
Captain

Post by SPARKY101 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:34 pm

ChrisB wrote:This is ridiculous. Just delete all the posts starting with Hal's. Its not Hal's fault this all started, it just got out of hand.

I know Tag and JWerner both personally and they are both class acts, and we are privledged to have them on this site.
I agree..I think Tag knows bass world has his back..Delete post and keep his pics..second that

Team OLYBOYZ

Aaron
Owner/Engineer
Owner/Engineer

Post by Aaron » Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:36 pm

ChrisB wrote:This is ridiculous. Just delete all the posts starting with Hal's. Its not Hal's fault this all started, it just got out of hand.

I agree, and had planned to do this once everyone calmed down. I'll give it a few more hours for everyone to see what needs to be seen and calm down. The last thing I need is another firestorm for jumping and strong-arming the conversation and deleting it all.
Aaron
Owner/Software Engineer

2009 Hewescraft 20' ProV
2009 Mercury Optimax 150
Humminbird 959ci HD DI
Traxstech Fishing System

flippinfool
Commander

Post by flippinfool » Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:12 pm

Aaron wrote:

I agree, and had planned to do this once everyone calmed down. I'll give it a few more hours for everyone to see what needs to be seen and calm down. The last thing I need is another firestorm for jumping and strong-arming the conversation and deleting it all.
S ORRY to hal and anybody offended#-o TAG is an awesome dude with alot of talent . everyone is entitled to his or her opinion some may agree some may not .dont sweat the small stuff . we all have something in common the love of fishing and lets keep doing it!!!:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: EAT SLEEP FISH!