Drop Shot Rods

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
DougShields.com
Petty Officer

RE:Drop Shot Rods

Post by DougShields.com » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:01 pm

DougShields.com wrote:Another rod and reel producing great results: The Pflueger one piece 7' graphite model PFTRSP 70 1M Medium Action combo with the Pflueger "Trion" 7 bearing system spinning reel. I picked the combo up at a close out price of $45. The rod is very sensitive and yet strong...too strong to enjoy small fish, but it sure is great for catching! Buying this was purely by happenstance as I was not looking to buy anything, just went to the store with a friend as he was looking for other equipment. What a find it turned out to be.

It does have the backbone to handle the pads etc. for bass as well as the larger steelhead off the downrigger. I have not priced this combo elsewhere. It is the best reel I have ever owned.
SPARKY101 wrote:Im happy with my Cabelas series xmlti DS 6'9" rod..Retails for $189"on sale now 69$ i believe..love the open handles so i get more of the blank feel..Easy to feel bottom contour and the slightest inhale:cheers: Paired with a pfluegar supreme spincast..spiderwire 10lb"2lb dia." and berkley 100% floro leader..gamakatsu splitshot dropshot #2 or #4 hook...works good for me:cheers: Just make sure to buy a 1 piece rod vs.2 piece..The site does not show the "b" handle either why i dont know..Happy shopping
A Pflueger reel SPARKY101...GREAT! Sure like mine. I have Fireline on some and PowerPro on others and at least one with Spiderwire. I have red line on the combo listed above at 15# test I believe. The reel is a little bigger than my other drop shot reels, so a higher test fits the reel fine and better for the cover in the summer and bigger steelhead in the fall. I adjust the fluro leader for the current fish and have switched to the Owner cutting point down shot hooks. Unreal hooking ability.