Snake Lures...

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Trent Hale
Commander

RE:Snake Lures...

Post by Trent Hale » Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:21 am

When you use the snake,you must cast to the bank and pull the snake in to the water or you will not get the big ones!
Are you hung up again!

HAWG HUNTER!

BassinBomber
Admiral

Post by BassinBomber » Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:17 am

Seen that on a video ad for the snake,..seems to work,..picking up the snakes this AM from basstradamus,..trying them next week!
"Passion-4-Bassin"

BassinBomber
Admiral

Post by BassinBomber » Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:12 pm

Picked up some Snake Lures from basstradamus,..cool guy and an Island Brother too,..anyways he gave me a hellava deal,..found out some good info from him too,..he's been catching Bass all year,..you guys might want to PM him for some tips! Thanks basstradamus,..looking 4ward to hittin up some Lakes with you! Keep in touch,...!
"Passion-4-Bassin"

Trent Hale
Commander

Post by Trent Hale » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:09 pm

brownbomber wrote:Picked up some Snake Lures from basstradamus,..cool guy and an Island Brother too,..anyways he gave me a hellava deal,..found out some good info from him too,..he's been catching Bass all year,..you guys might want to PM him for some tips! Thanks basstradamus,..looking 4ward to hittin up some Lakes with you! Keep in touch,...!
Use a spining real when casting the snake, the bait caster will back lash don't know why it dose. Some times I can get good casts with the bait caster but not that often. I think its the strech of the snake. And the hooks that come with them seam to be heavy so I use a little bit smaller hook so the head of the snake dosen't sink under water. Get ready for lots of casting. When she hits all that casting was worth it. The smallest I've caught on the snake was 4#s. GOOD LUCK!!!
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Are you hung up again!

HAWG HUNTER!

BassinBomber
Admiral

Post by BassinBomber » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:30 am

Hey PJ,..shoot me a PM,..I picked up some Snake Lures from basstradamus and I could mail you a couple if you want,..don't trip about S&H,..I got it,..but yeah let me know,..won't try them till Thurs but according to basstradamus {whos word is gold} they work! BB
"Passion-4-Bassin"

ernsting
Angler

Post by ernsting » Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:07 pm

There are tons of garter snakes on the west side of the mountains. The fact is these snakes are "Bass Candy" They will slam these harder than any other bait you have!

BassinBomber
Admiral

Post by BassinBomber » Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:13 am

Interesting,..I wonder how well they'll do 30' from the shore at Mardon,..headed there soon,..warmer over there so they might work,..I'll let you know how I do,..!

BB
"Passion-4-Bassin"