Harassed by homeowners (Sammamish)

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
AaronE
Commander

RE:Harassed by homeowners (Sammamish)

Post by AaronE » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:32 pm

BassDood wrote:Ask to see the deed that shows what he owns. He might be pleasantly surprised.
The only way people like that are ever surprised is when you whip your own phone out and call the cops for them hehe
Puget Sound Float Tube Club
http://www.psftc.com
=====================
2010 Bass: 2
2009 Bass: 80
Year's Best: 2# 3oz
WA Best: 6# 4oz
PB: 12# 7oz (GA)

Big D

Post by Big D » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:40 am

AaronE wrote:The only way people like that are ever surprised is when you whip your own phone out and call the cops for them hehe
You're correct...It usually does surprise them when you place the call for them.
I do however think there's more than one way to surprise them and most of the ways are not so nice. As evidenced by their actions the folks on the beach and under the boat in this case were placing themselves in harm’s way. (Stupid, stupid, stupid)
I’m getting on in years now but I still remember something my grandfather told me when I was a kid about people screwing with him. He stated “He didn’t give crap…He didn’t take crap…He wasn’t in the crap business…He was however in the firearms business and was always looking for ways to diversify."
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley.
Fair Winds & Following Seas.
Big D

marktfd88
Petty Officer

Post by marktfd88 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:37 am

I was there fishing right next to you in the tourney with the big Nitro. I'm sorry you had to bear the brunt of those assholes. Keep the copy of the reg I gave you, and encourage them to call the cops and watch in disbelief when they get the lecture from the police about not to bother you in the future. I hope you have many more days of success fishing there. It's a good hole for smallies and perch both. Tight Lines

Mark
showpro wrote:What's with these people? We're quietly fishing for perch (me and my 12 y.o. boy) and these people have nothing better to do but harangue us. They even went so far as to send someone out in scuba gear to bang on the bottom of the boat.

Their claim was that they didn't want us tied off to an old, broken stump 25 yards from the shore. First guy said, "because it attracts more fishermen." Second guy said, "I'm cool with it, but if you give me lip like you're doing I'll call the cops." WTF? He was the one who came out on his SeaDoo to argue with me. He claimed it's illegal. I looked at the King County code--yep, it's illegal for him...he can't permanently moor a boat tied off to a stump, he has to get a permit and install a dock. But I can moor or anchor anywhere I please for 72 hours straight, near as I can tell.

Anyway, I think I just found my new favorite fishing spot. I should be there every weekend for the rest of my life "looking in his windows," or whatever he thinks I'm doing.

:colors:

BTW, my boy caught 9 perch, and we kept 5. Nice, fat ones, some of 'em. Should be great on the grill tonight.
Limit Out Performance Marine
Powell Rods
P-Line
Owner Hooks

marktfd88
Petty Officer

Post by marktfd88 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:46 am

Right above #3 on the point. there are 4 old pilings still in the water from the old log mill that was there. He was tied up to the one closest to shore.
Limit Out Performance Marine
Powell Rods
P-Line
Owner Hooks

showpro
Petty Officer

Post by showpro » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:14 pm

Thanks, Mark. It was great having you there and your behavior was a great example for my boy. He talked all day about how supportive the other fishermen were.

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:45 pm

Me thinks it time to go fish lake samm..............:-"
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

flippinfool
Commander

Post by flippinfool » Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:03 pm

I ve had my run ins as well with these lower life forms. i had girl and guy argue with me because i was fishing in the middle of the ski coarse down on the other end of the lake . they want me to move out of there way so they could ski . I told them i would move when i was done and they got very upset so i spent another hour fishing there. they even tried to ski it while i was there . Iwouldnt move and they got really pissed. I told em to call the cops ! i could just imagine how they would act if i asked them to move. People have no respect for anyone anymore and you really dont know how ther gonna act so be careful out there fishin guys and girls!:cyclopsan
LIVE LIFE DONT LET LIFE LIVE YOU GO FISHIN!!!!!!!!

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:06 pm

A few weeks ago I ran the course backwards. Image
Tom.

Interests: living

flippinfool
Commander

Post by flippinfool » Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:08 pm

Amx wrote:A few weeks ago I ran the course backwards. Image
i ran it a couple of times up and down the gravel beach!:cyclopsan

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:30 pm

Amazing the legs this thread has. "Outing" homeowners, this is one I haven't seen before.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:35 pm

flippinfool wrote:I ve had my run ins as well with these lower life forms. i had girl and guy argue with me because i was fishing in the middle of the ski coarse down on the other end of the lake . they want me to move out of there way so they could ski . I told them i would move when i was done and they got very upset so i spent another hour fishing there. they even tried to ski it while i was there . Iwouldnt move and they got really pissed. I told em to call the cops ! i could just imagine how they would act if i asked them to move. People have no respect for anyone anymore and you really dont know how ther gonna act so be careful out there fishin guys and girls!:cyclopsan
First! Nice job on the lower case...... :cheers: :cheers:

Of course little non-confontational me would never do anything to upset a #%&@$. On the other hand, are suggesting I should break out the kevlar to fish that spot? If he comes out scuba do you think I could give him some willies with a little roostertail?????
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

Dustin07
Commodore

Post by Dustin07 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:46 pm

Its too bad these 'adults' had to be so offstandish in front of your son. What a great example they set for our youth. it's nice of them to reinforce the "Seattle Freeze" stereotype.

flippinfool
Commander

Post by flippinfool » Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:47 pm

Bodofish wrote:
flippinfool wrote:I ve had my run ins as well with these lower life forms. i had girl and guy argue with me because i was fishing in the middle of the ski coarse down on the other end of the lake . they want me to move out of there way so they could ski . I told them i would move when i was done and they got very upset so i spent another hour fishing there. they even tried to ski it while i was there . Iwouldnt move and they got really pissed. I told em to call the cops ! i could just imagine how they would act if i asked them to move. People have no respect for anyone anymore and you really dont know how ther gonna act so be careful out there fishin guys and girls!:cyclopsan
First! Nice job on the lower case...... :cheers: :cheers:

Of course little non-confontational me would never do anything to upset a #%&@$. On the other hand, are suggesting I should break out the kevlar to fish that spot? If he comes out scuba do you think I could give him some willies with a little roostertail?????

hey i am gettin better:compress:

showpro
Petty Officer

Post by showpro » Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:57 pm

Dustin07 wrote:Its too bad these 'adults' had to be so offstandish in front of your son. What a great example they set for our youth. it's nice of them to reinforce the "Seattle Freeze" stereotype.
Yes, but it was nicely offset by the support of the other fishermen on the lake. And, hey, it's the reality of the world, I guess.

Of course, I'd rather it had never happened, but you gotta make the best of these bad situations.

bpm2000
Captain

Post by bpm2000 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:03 am

Mike Carey wrote:Amazing the legs this thread has. "Outing" homeowners, this is one I haven't seen before.
Needs to happen more often imo. These homeowners are totally clueless about how it works.
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Teal101
Warrant Officer

Post by Teal101 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:00 am

bpm2000 wrote:
Mike Carey wrote:Amazing the legs this thread has. "Outing" homeowners, this is one I haven't seen before.
Needs to happen more often imo. These homeowners are totally clueless about how it works.
So true. The higher up in the neighborhoods you go price wise the more the home owners think they own. I live in a higher up community and hate it. People stop and talk in the middle of the street, let their kid splay in the intersections, park the wrong way, park in intersections etc. And the kicker is I get the cops called on me for doing 20mph in a 25mph zone because the crazy mom was afraid i was going to run her kid over. Stop drinking and get him out of the street.#-o

Rich McVey
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Rich McVey » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:19 am

Teal101 wrote: You can actually buy 100% submerged parcels of land on this stretch.#-o
Yup, there are a few up north that are listed as use for oyster farming. They are in the puget sound, but listed as private parcels.

G-Man
Admiral

Post by G-Man » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:54 am

I think you'll find that the land you purchase is exposed at some time over the course of a year. Be it due to extreme low tide or draw down of the lake or river . Anything that has water on it 24/7 365 days a year is not private, with the exception of lakes that are located entirely on private property.

BentRod
Admiral

Post by BentRod » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:02 am

I have a question. My wife's grandfather owns some property down in Gig Harbor on the Sound. The law states that he owns the land down to the mid-point between high and low tide. I was recently at Three Tree Point in Burien and saw a sign by the water that states that the water front home owners own the land down to extreme low tide. I didn't think this was legally possible, but certainly don't know. Do the rules for the Sound vary by county?

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:23 am

Mean Tide is what the deed our place on Camano says. So I'd say they're pushing it a little. Pretty standard for anyplace on the beach in any West Coast States.