Heading over to potholes any suggestions???

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
BassFanatic
Commander

Heading over to potholes any suggestions???

Post by BassFanatic » Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:50 am

brownbomber and myself are heading over to potholes at the end of next month does anyone have any suggestions for any spots to hit up it's the first time I would have ever fished the lake from boat we are targeting bass any info would help. Also does anyone fish for crappie there because my dad is going and he loves to fish for crappie and he hasn't been on that side for years so any info would help thanks.
CPR-BOYZ
CHECK US OUT ON YOUTUBE!!!

Bigbass Dez
Admiral

RE:Heading over to potholes any suggestions???

Post by Bigbass Dez » Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:35 am

half once spinnerbait with white skirt will get you a nice LM through out the day / jig n pig / dropshot for smallies in 30+ feet / frogs in the morning /

fish all the points , start shallow and work your way out ... the dunes are good right now / goose island is too shallow dont waste your time there/ look for the beaver huts and work them ..

You will catch fish for sure but the bite can get tuff at moments ..BBD good luck and have fun :batman:
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dobyns Rods
http://www.dobynsrods.com/

Panic Minnow
http://density-tackle.com/

3 Rivers marine
3riversmarine.com

B.A.S.S member
F.L.W. member
T.B.F member

Official WashingtonLakes.com Video Consultant

Rfatt16
Warrant Officer

Post by Rfatt16 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:20 am

Go about 10 miles from potholes and hit up Moses is my suggestions. LOL Just kidding it was just tough fishin last weekend.

I would say DEZ is right on. Tubes worked over there last weekend. I used a drop shot right by the launch at the state park. Its real rocky. I picked up a few there
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

delyakguy
Warrant Officer

Post by delyakguy » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:48 am

Crappie bite is good off the docks that time of year. Make sure only keep 9'' or bigger. Was there on 4th July, Wardens pulled up in 2 trucks 4 guys total, and ticketed 7 people for keeping crappie less than 9''.

Fish 20' off face of dam from Mardon Resort until spillway. SM and LM can be caught there. Also hit up sand dunes, great for LM. Keep eye out for beaver huts! What day will ya be there? I have trailer there, right behind restaurant, and will be up there few more times this year. Especially on Labor Day weekend! Maybe we can do some fishing together
Somebody just back of you while you are fishing is as bad as someone looking over your shoulder while you write a letter to your girl. ~Ernest Hemingway

Calling fishing a hobby is like calling brain surgery a job. ~Paul Schullery

BassinBomber
Admiral

Post by BassinBomber » Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:26 am

Cant wait to get out there nephew {bassfanatic},..I know alot of you guys hit the Eastside before,..thanks BBD for your input,..will be looking at this thread till we leave so thanks alot guys,..Skeeter you been there lately,..delyakguy thanks for the heads up,..we're leaving on the 23rd of Aug,..thanks too Rfatt16,..keep the replies comin guys,...!

BB
"Passion-4-Bassin"

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:47 am

brownbomber wrote:Cant wait to get out there nephew {bassfanatic},..I know alot of you guys hit the Eastside before,..thanks BBD for your input,..will be looking at this thread till we leave so thanks alot guys,..Skeeter you been there lately,..delyakguy thanks for the heads up,..we're leaving on the 23rd of Aug,..thanks too Rfatt16,..keep the replies comin guys,...!

BB
Good luck out there and have fun:cheers:

Oh,and if by some chance you hook into some walleyes and have to many for the dinner table....well:-"
haha
Take care

BassinBomber
Admiral

Post by BassinBomber » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:15 am

Will do Kev,...never caught a Walleye before,..should I gear up for some? LMK what I need and I'll do some research too,..thanks.

BB
"Passion-4-Bassin"

BassFanatic
Commander

Post by BassFanatic » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:34 am

we are heading over aug 23 through the 25 thanks for the quick replies everyone
CPR-BOYZ

JoeC.
Angler

Post by JoeC. » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:05 pm

I had some great bass fishing there late June with my buddy Isiah. I fished all the shallows around MarDon resort area, lots of grass, rocks, and structure there. For me the fishing was better in the evening when the big fish came cruising in the shallows.

I C/R 8-9 bass in 2 days, with the largest about 4.5# LM -- that I caught in late evening with a lipless rapala. I pulled him out of the rocks by the Mardon gas dock about 8 PM. I had another good LM one that night about 3.5# There are a lot of big fish there!! My buddy was catching them on deeper running cranks also.

Here is a photo link of that big one, my buddy Isiah is holding him while I snapped a shot with my cellphone:

http://www.washingtonlakes.com/ReportCo ... 78&lid=571

I would try 'Gull island" also -- good rocks and cover all around the island (check your charts, not far from Mardon).

Lot's of folks fish the Mardon docks at night for what I heard is good crappie fishing! Mardon has camping, and cabins.

You guys will have a great time there!

Joe C.
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BassinBomber
Admiral

Post by BassinBomber » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:36 pm

Nice fish Joe,..and thanks for all the info!

BB
"Passion-4-Bassin"

BassinBomber
Admiral

Post by BassinBomber » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:41 pm

:cheers:
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Passion-4-Bassin"

delyakguy
Warrant Officer

Post by delyakguy » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:17 am

JoeC. wrote:
I would try 'Gull island" also -- good rocks and cover all around the island (check your charts, not far from Mardon).

Lot's of folks fish the Mardon docks at night for what I heard is good crappie fishing! Mardon has camping, and cabins.

You guys will have a great time there!

Joe C.
It is called Goose Island, but you cannot fish from the island no more. Fish between island and dam, hitting up shallow rocks for SM. Docks at Mardon produce all kinds of fish, I have caught walleye, SM & LM bass, trout, perch and crappie of main dock. Also try fishing off gas dock. That is where Joe C caught his bass. It is fairly small and is busy during day, but when you get chance to make casts from it DO IT. Good luck, maybe I will see ya up there.
Somebody just back of you while you are fishing is as bad as someone looking over your shoulder while you write a letter to your girl. ~Ernest Hemingway

Calling fishing a hobby is like calling brain surgery a job. ~Paul Schullery

BassinBomber
Admiral

Post by BassinBomber » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:40 am

The only ones that'll be fishing shoreside is the females and the kids,..all us guys will be on the water,..I hope they do hook some from the docks though,.I'm sure we will have some nice fish to take some pics of,..we better,..LOL!
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Passion-4-Bassin"

BassFanatic
Commander

Post by BassFanatic » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:39 am

thanks delyakguy for the info we will try tp hit those spots up!!!!
CPR-BOYZ

Proverb
Warrant Officer

Post by Proverb » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:19 pm

When are you guys going to be at potholes? I may be heading there with my wife and two of my sisters on the 18, 19, and 20th. There or Palouse Falls (depending on the girls heh).

BassFanatic
Commander

Post by BassFanatic » Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:39 pm

Wassup proverb we are leaving out on the 23rd of august, so we will be there after you leave unless nyour going to stay longer let us know?
CPR-BOYZ

Proverb
Warrant Officer

Post by Proverb » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:35 pm

That's to bad. I start class again on the 25th so I can't stay longer or I would. But let me know if you come east side again I'd like to fish along side you guys to improve my fishing sometime. :)

BassFanatic
Commander

Post by BassFanatic » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:04 pm

its all good proverb just let us know how you did, and we will let you know when the next time we will be on that side
CPR-BOYZ

BassinBomber
Admiral

Post by BassinBomber » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:04 pm

:cheers:
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Passion-4-Bassin"

BassFanatic
Commander

Post by BassFanatic » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:09 pm

it is a great pic thanks for taking it , in the background is the legendary squawfish king himself....................LOL. thought a perch was a smallie????????!!!!!!!!!!!
CPR-BOYZ