Lacamas!??

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
SilverLakeBoy
Petty Officer

Lacamas!??

Post by SilverLakeBoy » Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:10 pm

Hello guys,

Looking to fish Lacamas saturday if everything pans out. just looking for a few tips, hints, anything. and i still dont have electronics on my boat lol. so do i need to watch out or what? also im looking at google maps and is there grasslines and grassbeds?

also, is the best launch off NW Lake Rd? or SW Leadbetter Rd?

thanks, casey
Flippn 'N' Pitchn is always the solution

"Never Give Up!" Mike Iaconelli

Caseysbaits.com Cutting Edge Custom Baits

the1fishingpro
Lieutenant

RE:Lacamas!??

Post by the1fishingpro » Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:19 pm

2 tips - Watch out for shallow spots that look deep. Dont have your hopes up. Post a report in Clark County if you catch anything. Personally I believe Silver lake to be a better bass lake. Though, Lacamas has different terrain.
If in doubt set the hook!

SilverLakeBoy
Petty Officer

Post by SilverLakeBoy » Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:33 pm

where abouts are the shallow spots at?
Flippn 'N' Pitchn is always the solution

"Never Give Up!" Mike Iaconelli

Caseysbaits.com Cutting Edge Custom Baits

lskiles
Commander

Post by lskiles » Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:40 pm

SilverLakeBoy wrote: also, is the best launch off NW Lake Rd? or SW Leadbetter Rd?

thanks, casey
Hey Casey,

Not much help with the bass catching they are eluding me this year, but the launch off NW Lake Road is the new one with two lanes and a nice dock, a grass park with a playground for the kiddies and an asphalt parking lot whereas the one on Leadbetter has no dock no grass and has a gravel parking lot. The up side to the old ramp is that it is closer to where most report catching bass and it is not as busy as the new one.
Neither of them has a fee for launching.

Hope that helps.
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fishman123
Petty Officer

Post by fishman123 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:51 pm

Fished there 3 weeks in a row now. In each trip Ive caught at least 3 decent bass (all 2 lbs +). If I were you, I would circle the lake fishing the fallen down trees and logs in the water. The fish tend to hide around them on sunny days to escape the sun. I havent had much luck in the lily pads but thats probebly just me. Almost all of the fish that I have caught have been bitten within 3 seconds of the plastic bait or lure hitting the water. I would try fishing with senkos or a jig'n'craw (something that falls a little slower). If you enjoy crappie fishing, the lake is really hot right now. Last trip I probebly caught around 50 of them in multiple locations on the lake and that was on a day that i was mostly bass fishing.

PS If you need a dock, go to the new launch, If you don't want to wait for other boaters, go to the WDFW launch because there are 2 launches there
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

2000subaru
Commander

Post by 2000subaru » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:58 pm

lskiles wrote:
... a grass park with a playground for the kiddies...
Don't spend all of your time in the kiddie playground....there are lunker bass out there for you to be catching!!!!:jocolor: :jocolor: :jocolor: Jusk kidding Casey, just get in touch with FISHERMAN MAX. He knows the area i believe.

Chris

Fisherman_max
Commander

Post by Fisherman_max » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:43 pm

if i am not to late i would fish the lilly pads around the lake with plastic lizards and the like, usually you can get some good top water action buring the plastics along the top.

senko's are the ticket to success throw them at logs and other cover and dead stick them and you should get plenty of fish.
"If people focused on the important things in life, there would be a shortage of fishing poles"

Max's Video Production

serving Washingtons greatest fishing website since 12/14/07

sending videos soon.

BassinBomber
Admiral

Post by BassinBomber » Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:22 am

Think I'm gonna try Lacamas while I'm camping at Battleground Max,..you seem to be the "Go-To-Guy" in Clark so if you have anymore suggestions that would be cool. Wish I could take my Trihull to Battleground,..LOL!
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Passion-4-Bassin"

Fisherman_max
Commander

Post by Fisherman_max » Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:02 pm

brownbomber wrote:Think I'm gonna try Lacamas while I'm camping at Battleground Max,..you seem to be the "Go-To-Guy" in Clark so if you have anymore suggestions that would be cool. Wish I could take my Trihull to Battleground,..LOL!

yea if anyone for that matter has questions on clark county fishing i can for sure help anybody out! i know these waters pretty good.
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If people focused on the important things in life, there would be a shortage of fishing poles"

Max's Video Production

serving Washingtons greatest fishing website since 12/14/07

sending videos soon.

BassinBomber
Admiral

Post by BassinBomber » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:56 am

Hey max,..have you ever fished Battleground @ night? PM sent.
"Passion-4-Bassin"