My new toy.....w/report

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
BLACKLAB
Petty Officer

My new toy.....w/report

Post by BLACKLAB » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:46 pm

Got a new toy for my b-day and was anxious on trying it out. The FishCat 4 is an awsome float tube. Glides on water just like a pontoon does, but minus the weight and of course the oars. If anyone is on the market for a float tube....this is the ONE.:cheers: Unlike the other float tubes there is no "drag" at all. But anyhow....went to Rapjohn for the first time since 98' and it was windy, but managed 4 dinks. Well enjoy :thumleft:

The biggest dink of the morning.

SnohoBassGuy
Warrant Officer

RE:My new toy.....w/report

Post by SnohoBassGuy » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:10 pm

What did the float tube cost the gift buyer :)
Banks lake for LIFE!

2010 Big Fish Competition:
SnohoBassGuy - 0
LowVW - 4lb 11 oz

Trent Hale
Commander

Post by Trent Hale » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:18 pm

:salut: Got one just like it 5yrs back and still looks good and works fine. I like it better than any I've seen on the water. I like how high you sit,great for casting.:thumleft:
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Are you hung up again!

HAWG HUNTER!

ChrisB
Captain

Post by ChrisB » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:33 pm

That is a pretty sweet setup. Do you have to kick like a normal float tube, or does it move around with LESS effort ?? I like how you sit up higher, definete plus. I haven't used my float tube in about a year #-o
aka Powerworm

SnohoBassGuy
Warrant Officer

Post by SnohoBassGuy » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:39 pm

Yeah, if its easier to use than a lower float tube, let us know. I may have to save for one of those.
Banks lake for LIFE!

2010 Big Fish Competition:
SnohoBassGuy - 0
LowVW - 4lb 11 oz

BLACKLAB
Petty Officer

Post by BLACKLAB » Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:50 pm

SnohoBassGuy wrote:What did the float tube cost the gift buyer :)
Found it on CL for $140 brand new.

PROS: Moves through the water with little effort. The water only comes up to my knees. Makes "pitching"/casting alot easier since your high. Very durable bottom.

Cons: Your upper body acts like a sail since you sit up higher.

But over all better than the oval or u-shape float tubes. Can't complain until I a boat #-o

BLACKLAB
Petty Officer

Post by BLACKLAB » Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:53 pm

ChrisB wrote:That is a pretty sweet setup. Do you have to kick like a normal float tube, or does it move around with LESS effort ?? I like how you sit up higher, definete plus. I haven't used my float tube in about a year #-o
ChrisB....you should pull out the tube and hit up Trout together.

kzoo
Commodore

Post by kzoo » Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:19 pm

Nice ride Josh! Do you need to deflate and inflate between fishing? The thing looks huge.

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:04 pm

Good ole' brush hog bass out of the Fish Cat. Nice job BLACKLAB, that is one of the best tubes you can get. Good pick up. Wish you luck on tagging a monster out it this year.

fishnislife
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

tnj8222
Admiral

Post by tnj8222 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:22 pm

BLACKLAB wrote:
ChrisB wrote:That is a pretty sweet setup. Do you have to kick like a normal float tube, or does it move around with LESS effort ?? I like how you sit up higher, definete plus. I haven't used my float tube in about a year #-o
ChrisB....you should pull out the tube and hit up Trout together.
i have been fishing trout the last few days and even finding a few post spawn fish. the buzzbait bite should turn on really soon. i saw a guy fishing a top water frog the other day, didnt talk to him but thats a sure sign of post spawn.
Anthony
http://static.photobucket.com/player.sw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... EO0054.mp4
if everyday was a good day there would be alot more fisherman.

BLACKLAB
Petty Officer

Post by BLACKLAB » Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:15 am

Thanks Paul, it fits in my Xterra just fine (inflated or deflated).

fishnislife wrote:Good ole' brush hog bass out of the Fish Cat. Nice job BLACKLAB, that is one of the best tubes you can get. Good pick up. Wish you luck on tagging a monster out it this year.
fishnislife

Yeah I just started using it. It cause alot of vibration/movement in the water and I love it!!!! I heard of some biguns in that lake too. I surely hope so. We should get together sometimes again, PM me anytime, i'll be down:cheers:

ChrisB
Captain

Post by ChrisB » Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:26 am

Trout lake is the perfect float tube lake isn't it. I have a new 50 lb thrust TM to try out, but I hope to whip out the Float tube soon.
aka Powerworm

Bigbass Dez
Admiral

Post by Bigbass Dez » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:19 am

Josh, so how many rods are you able to get on that puppy ? ... what about taklebag are you having to downsize ? .. if you had a choice would you perfer the pontoon over the tube ? ANSWER ME ...LOL...:tongue: ..... Good job out there by the way , call me friday because im open this weakend and im thinking about going to my honey hole if your free .. 8-[

Dobyns Rods
http://www.dobynsrods.com/

Panic Minnow
http://density-tackle.com/

3 Rivers marine
3riversmarine.com

B.A.S.S member
F.L.W. member
T.B.F member

Official WashingtonLakes.com Video Consultant

BLACKLAB
Petty Officer

Post by BLACKLAB » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:40 am

Bigbass Dez wrote:Josh, so how many rods are you able to get on that puppy ? ... what about taklebag are you having to downsize ? .. if you had a choice would you perfer the pontoon over the tube ? ANSWER ME ...LOL...:tongue: ..... Good job out there by the way , call me friday because im open this weakend and im thinking about going to my honey hole if your free .. 8-[
Jezz Dez, having a little withdrawl of the LBM. You need to stop fishing for those smallies :albino:. I can get 3 rods and there's plenty storage room for a float tube. You know I would pick a pontoon and have that trolling motor mounted on pimped out like a cady!!!! But I gotta start saving now and cash in for some Powell rods (they are sick!!). I'll give you a call. :salut:

Bigbass Dez
Admiral

Post by Bigbass Dez » Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:06 am

BLACKLAB wrote:
Bigbass Dez wrote:Josh, so how many rods are you able to get on that puppy ? ... what about taklebag are you having to downsize ? .. if you had a choice would you perfer the pontoon over the tube ? ANSWER ME ...LOL...:tongue: ..... Good job out there by the way , call me friday because im open this weakend and im thinking about going to my honey hole if your free .. 8-[
Jezz Dez, having a little withdrawl of the LBM. You need to stop fishing for those smallies :albino:. I can get 3 rods and there's plenty storage room for a float tube. You know I would pick a pontoon and have that trolling motor mounted on pimped out like a cady!!!! But I gotta start saving now and cash in for some Powell rods (they are sick!!). I'll give you a call. :salut:

You said "pimped out like a cady" ..lmao .. thats cool ..yeah i need too lay off the starbucks coffee (cant help myself) there everywhere !! lol talk to ya soon bud

Dobyns Rods
http://www.dobynsrods.com/

Panic Minnow
http://density-tackle.com/

3 Rivers marine
3riversmarine.com

B.A.S.S member
F.L.W. member
T.B.F member

Official WashingtonLakes.com Video Consultant