Choosing a swimbait.

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
BassFishingWA
Petty Officer

RE:Choosing a swimbait.

Post by BassFishingWA » Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:58 am

Hi guys,

Those DEPS highsider and silent killer are awesome swimbaits. Pricey but simply awesome!

Those Fish Arrow Swimbaits are also hop of the top!:bom:

Best regards
Merit
Tight lines
BassFishingWA

Anglinarcher
Admiral

RE:Choosing a swimbait.

Post by Anglinarcher » Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:19 pm

T Dot wrote:
Anglinarcher wrote:On the Delta, and on Clear Lake, the guide had me throwing 10" and 12" rainbows. I believe they were Caustics?

My shoulder hurt each day as if i had been casting for muskie with my muskie junk. Ouch, but the bass were more numerous then the Muskie I caught.:-$
by chance did you stretch before and after, and warmup with a smaller lure? i have learned my body will take it alot better, if i stretch, and warmup with a light lure. after a few warmups, i can throw them all day. i do take rests during the day as well. then again, as a group we take turns throwing them.

i remember one day, where i didnt stretch and didnt warm up. big mistake, i was sore all week.

we already have a bunch of 9s as well, but we are looking into throwing a few 10s and 12s this year.
We threw spinner baits first, but I did not do any formal streatching.

You should know that my shoulder is kind of messed up due to years of archery, bucking bails of grass and straw on the Farm, and all of those stupid things a country boy does.

Still, maybe when I throw some 6" this year I will "warm up" first.#-o
Too much water, so many fish, too little time.