new to WL.com - open back seat

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
njrick
Angler

new to WL.com - open back seat

Post by njrick » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:25 pm

Hi all. I'm new to the forum and wanted to put it out there that I've usually got an open back seat. I moved out here from New Jersey about 4 years ago and until last spring fished a few of the puyallup area ponds until I got my boat last spring. I've got a Nitro 750 NX, so it's not the biggest boat, but there is plenty of room for 2 to fish. Most of the guys I know aren't interested in bass fishing and are into the salmon/trout fishing instead so I go solo quite often. I work in Renton, so once the season gets going I'll fish Lake Washington after work on Fridays (1-2 until dark) or on the weekends. I've also fished Lake Sawyer a few times, as well as Spanaway. If anyone's ever interested in back-seating, let me know and I'll tell you when I'm going out. Hopefully I'll get to meet some of you.

kzoo
Commodore

RE:new to WL.com - open back seat

Post by kzoo » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:30 pm

Welcome to the site. I'm not interested in the backseat, but theres a few of us who do fish Lake Washington on the weekends. Let us know when your going out.

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:03 pm

There are a few south sound guys whom I'm sure will jump at the chance to get a ride in your boat....

Welcome to WL.com, I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Hang around, post up a bit, I'm sure you got some good tips and your from the east coast so that's another perspective....

While trout/salmon/steelhead is a big draw for many fishermen here in the NW, there are a lot of bass guys too. And they are usually pretty dedicated bass fishermen...

Lack of bass fishermen also means that there is less pressure on some lakes too!!!
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

platinumroof
Warrant Officer

Post by platinumroof » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:22 pm

Welcome to Washington njrick,
Do you tournament fish?
There are lots of bass clubs around if you want to meet other bass nuts. Lots of the guys in clubs have limited access to boats so that's a place to start.
Shoot me a PM at platinumroofing@comcast.net.

Eric

2000subaru
Commander

Post by 2000subaru » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:23 pm

I work in Renton too. I will be in touch. We can fish some of the local lakes if you are a Puyallup man.

fishingmachine
Admiral

Post by fishingmachine » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:26 pm

yeah i would be interested on meeting u at a launch or something and going pm me

tnj8222
Admiral

Post by tnj8222 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:26 pm

welcome to washingtonlakes great group of people here.
Anthony
http://static.photobucket.com/player.sw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... EO0054.mp4
if everyday was a good day there would be alot more fisherman.

ChrisB
Captain

Post by ChrisB » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:28 pm

Welcome to WA lakes forum. I'm sure I'll run into you on the big lake (washington)
aka Powerworm

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:38 pm

Welcome to the family njrick. Can't wait to see some of your reports. I don't know how to catch bass but I might hit you up sometime to go out. Maybe you can teach me how to catch these things you call bass. Let me know when you start hitting the water. Glad your here man. Hope you enjoy!
Don't forget to check out the Announcemets Forum and the New Members Introduce Yourself thread. It's a good way to check out who's who around here and to share a little bit about yourself.

fishnislife
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:34 am

:pirat: Ahoy and welcome aboard. I might take you up on that offer and bring some (Ice Coldies) South sound has some nice bass lakes. Five Mile,Ohop,Kapowsin(bring a firearm ) and a bunch of others.:thumleft: You'll enjoy the site,a lot of good tips.

sommysom
Petty Officer

Post by sommysom » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:04 am

Welcome to the site. Would love to take you up on the offer. PM me anytime! I'm pretty free anytime this month. I live in Renton so it would be easy for either Sawyer or Lk Wa.

trucknmusic
Petty Officer

Post by trucknmusic » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:51 pm

I am always looking for backseats. I live up in Seattle but am not opposed to a commute for fishing. Just let me know, Jon

kuttkilla
Captain

Post by kuttkilla » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:53 pm

njrick wrote: I work in Renton, so once the season gets going I'll fish Lake Washington after work on Fridays (1-2 until dark) or on the weekends.
If you ever want to hit up Washington for trout I'm your go-to-guy for that...I've logged over 200 days last year fishing the lake and have it down to a science (the trout part at least). I'd be willing to show you the ropes. As always, welcome, and swing me any PM's if interested in learning from a pro. All the best.

islandbass
Commander

Post by islandbass » Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:12 am

Welcome!!! I just might take you up on your offer, if you don't mind fishing with a beginning boater. :)

I'm in Federal Way and not far away at all.

njrick
Angler

Post by njrick » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:30 pm

Thanks to everyone for the welcome. Hopefully I'll get to the PM's soon. Unfortunately work's gotten a little crazy this week, so I haven't had much time for anything but work and sleep, but I will get back to everyone. Thanks again and I look forward to fishing with you guys.

M_ray
Angler

Post by M_ray » Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:58 am

njrick Welcome! I sent you a PM.