Shore Fishing LMB around Tacoma Area?

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
RRave19
Petty Officer

Shore Fishing LMB around Tacoma Area?

Post by RRave19 » Wed May 11, 2016 4:10 pm

Ive been away from the state for awhile and want to get back into bass fishing. Any recommendations on spots where I can fish from the shore? Im up to drive and hike, just want to get into some largies. I appreciate the help. Thanks all!

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Re: Shore Fishing LMB around Tacoma Area?

Post by The Quadfather » Wed May 11, 2016 5:10 pm

Check your PM's.🤗

360fisherman
Angler

Post by 360fisherman » Mon May 23, 2016 5:10 am

@quadfather I would be very interested in some bank fishing spots in Tacoma too [biggrin]
Fish On

NineFingerFury
Petty Officer

Post by NineFingerFury » Tue May 31, 2016 12:42 pm

Any chance I could get this secret list? I'm more in the Kent area, but the banks seem all crowded with houses/private property.
Retired USMC combat veteran, father of 2 amazing kids, and husband to a wonderful woman. Every day is a great day.

Jbutner
Angler

Post by Jbutner » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:25 pm

I've been wanting to get more into bass fishing and possibly some perch. I live in helm but have truck, will travel. Anyone have any thoughts on where to go?

odddoylerules
Petty Officer

Post by odddoylerules » Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:03 pm

Anywhere w water, there's bass in the pond at Wright park, they hang out hard against the bank in the shade.

360fisherman
Angler

Post by 360fisherman » Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:32 pm

odddoylerules wrote:Anywhere w water, there's bass in the pond at Wright park, they hang out hard against the bank in the shade.
wow in Wright park huh?? I haven't really looked to hard at the pond in the park but from what i remember it was very shallow throughout..
Have you fished it before?
Fish On

odddoylerules
Petty Officer

Post by odddoylerules » Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:18 pm

Haha no, but I was like I bet there's fish in here and started looking in the upper portion and sure enough there are. I don't think they'd let u fish it but like since it's not in the regs it's closed anyway right? Or is that just rivers.

odddoylerules
Petty Officer

Post by odddoylerules » Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:32 pm

If I can get in on the pm action I'm plenty down to hang out and fish, my girl slays bass too and were great company she even can tie knots : )

I may even have a couple lunker holes to share myself

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:00 pm

odddoylerules wrote:If I can get in on the pm action I'm plenty down to hang out and fish, my girl slays bass too and were great company she even can tie knots : )

I may even have a couple lunker holes to share myself

I know that pond well, as I recently worked across the sreet at the hospital.

As far as being closed to fishing.. that would be a matter of what is posted at the park. I am almost certain rhere is nothing posted about 'no fishing', but you woukd have to check.
Remember that when a body of water is not listed within the regs. this dowsn't mean that it isn't open...
The regs. list water with 'Special Rules'. If something is not listed, then it falls under general state rules, which are listed within the regs. (Think of your standard 5 fish trout limit, etc)

Of course this is a city of Tacoma park, and therefor I would be expecting the city parks dept. to have any signage posted.
Likely though if you saw bass, somebody self planted it, and the city is not even aware.
Let me know what you find.

odddoylerules
Petty Officer

Post by odddoylerules » Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:20 pm

Pretty sure like 2014 or 15 saw that change to all waters closed unless it was listed. If I'm reading it wrong thank GOD.

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:04 am

odddoylerules wrote:Pretty sure like 2014 or 15 saw that change to all waters closed unless it was listed. If I'm reading it wrong thank GOD.
To put your mind at ease, go to page 74 of the current regs. Link is at top of of this websites page under "Links"
At the too of page 74, 'Westside lakez Special rules'
It has a large statement telling you that the regs only speaking to bodies of water that have Special Rules. Therefor the literally 1000's of alpine lakes, etc. that are not listed, and all lakes not listed, fall under the 'General State Rules'. (Think of your standard 5 fish trout limit, etc.)

This is also why you will not find the most stamdard simple year round lake within the regs. If a lake has not (typical special rules.... 'Selective gear resteictions, weird limits, etc. ,,, but-- it has a shortened season, April-Oct--then the lake will be listed in regs with only the comments of the April-Oct season, because (that) is the Special Rule that qualified it to be in there.
People will ask all the time why they can't find a lake in the regs..... because it therefor has no special rules, and falls under Statewide rules. O:)

odddoylerules
Petty Officer

Post by odddoylerules » Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:08 am

Right on

Glad to see that's what's up

obryan214
Commander

Post by obryan214 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:54 am

Don't know if china lake is still open but caught many there in the 90s. Thats the park by Fircrest. Delong park behind fred meyer had fish too but theirs a good chance you'll get mugged or something back there.