Questions about Turnbull National Wildlife Refuge

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Fish-N-Fool
Commander

Questions about Turnbull National Wildlife Refuge

Post by Fish-N-Fool » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:02 pm

Is it ok to fish these lakes? I looked in the regs and couldn't find anything on it. If you can fish them is there any good bass fishing. look at my maps I dont see any roads in the area or any boat launchs at any of the lakes. Seams like a waste of public land not to provide access to these lakes.

MarkFromSea
Admiral

Re: Questions about Turnbull National Wildlife Refuge

Post by MarkFromSea » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:20 am

pg 15 #3 if lake isn't listed in special rules, statewide rules apply... + the westside everything not listed is closed provision.

I camped in there a number of years ago, the one lake we were near looked pretty darn shallow and featureless, I don't have any more info on it personally. Might be worth scoping out on the way to Badger or Williams though.

http://www.fws.gov/refuge/Turnbull/map.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Fish Hard and Fish Often!"

YellowBear
Captain

Post by YellowBear » Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:53 am

Some of the pits ponds and puddles on Turnbull do hold fish but only a few and no Bass that I know of. There are a few Catfish ponds and Bluegill here and there but that's about it. I understand the WDFW may be looking to buy Chapman lake but if they do I am sure it will be another Trout project. Badger lake has been populated with Largemouth and I understand it is doing well.

zen leecher aka Bill W
Captain

Post by zen leecher aka Bill W » Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:11 pm

I read somewhere today, not sure if it was the paper or the web, that WDFW got their funding to buy 80 acres next to Chapman.

YellowBear
Captain

Post by YellowBear » Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:17 am

Did it say what the plan is for 80 acres next to Chapman?