Banks Lake Info. please and thanks.

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
bazzdude
Petty Officer

Banks Lake Info. please and thanks.

Post by bazzdude » Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:29 pm

Well I am a vergin to banks and will be targeting smallies early sat. morning. I am hoping for any feedback like as where I should launch the boat(fee etc.) and maybe a location if possible.( general area whatever)lures are always good advice too 8-[ I am even up for some wally fishing too as I am learning more and more about them. It is just me and a friend going no kidos this trip. Some grown up fishing. I am really looking forward to this trip and I will consider keeping some wallies. So thanks again for helping us out with our one day trip to a new area. O and are there pleasure boaters there? [thumbsup]

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Re: Banks Lake Info. please and thanks.

Post by Amx » Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:38 pm

spinnerbaits, curly tailed grubs on a 1/8th or 1/4 oz round jib head. Tube lure, crankbait, skirted jig in 1/4 to 1/2 oz. 1 /2 oz to 1 oz skirted jigs in the grass, weeds, and brush. Top water of course, frogs, spooks, sammy, and such.

airport bays, punch bowl, ouside pounch bowl, south of steamboat----WATCH OUT FOR THE LOOOOOOOOOOOONG point off the south end of steamboat, it must be 1/4 mile long and WILL REMOVE YOUR LOWER UNIT.

bays opposite the airport bays.

barker flats and bays north of that flat.

the dam

the cliffs on the west side up by the dam.

lovers lane

other lanes on the east side

bay north of the punch bowl

west side of steam boat

east side of steam boat

million dollar mile---WATCH OUT FOR THE CAR SIZED BOULDERS they WILL remove your lower unit

wallyes? west side of steam boat, and other places

Bass and walleyes, in the south end also, but I refuse to fish down there, too many hazzards.

do a search in the bass forum, there is another thread with maps from a couple years ago.
Tom.

Interests: living

fishingmachine
Admiral

Post by fishingmachine » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:20 pm

pretty sure there is a huge nw bass tourney there this weekend

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:28 pm

Date Start -- Date End -- --- Sponsor ---- Species ---- Who May Qualify

9/20/2014 - 9/21/2014 - Northwest Bass - Bass ------ Members

9/27/2014 - 9/28/2014 - Spokane Bass Club - Bass ------ Members
Tom.

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:31 pm

Bass Federation is Oct 4 and 5

http://wdfw.wa.gov/fishing/contests/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tom.

bazzdude
Petty Officer

Post by bazzdude » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:41 pm

man thanks for all the good info, that is sure a lot of info to take in, but sounds like everywhere that is good fishing. I am not sure this weekend is a good one to be out in the water huh> I am not worried about the fishing space really just the launching and loading. Seems like there will be a line in the morning. This is really the only time I have to go though. and I am really looking forward to go here. I am not in the club and I don't want to be making anyone angry, hopefully they will have some patience. :scratch:

fishingmachine
Admiral

Post by fishingmachine » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:22 am

The patience may be low considering it is the championship event for the season with a bass boat and thousands of dollars on the line. I believe there will more then likely be upwards of 100 bass boats probably just a fair warning.

basspro
Warrant Officer

Post by basspro » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:29 pm

More than likely NWB will have 40 boats this weekend.

Russ

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:42 pm

read;

http://washingtonlakes.com/forum/viewto ... ke#p190246" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tom.

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:58 pm

read this

http://washingtonlakes.com/forum/viewto ... 13&t=10847" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tom.

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:11 pm

There were 71 boats in their tourney last year. I ran across that while looking for the info/threads on Banks for the past 5 years.
Tom.

bazzdude
Petty Officer

Post by bazzdude » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:46 pm

Well heck, the lake is big enough I am sure, I will be arriving around day break, so what launch will be less used by the pros by the bowl? Or is it a just in my best judgement to stay off the water. I have a 14 bass boat with enough experience to be out. I have been out a lot on the potholes while turneys were active but they only use a few launches there. Not too crowded. I am only asking because I have never been on this water and don't know how much water these fisherman cover, it is a 32 mile long lake big enough for everyone. Maybe I should choose another location???? :scratch: Let me know thanks again all for the info it really means a lot to me as I am doing my homework on this area. =D>

tbrinks
Petty Officer

Post by tbrinks » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:37 pm

bazzdude wrote:Well heck, the lake is big enough I am sure, I will be arriving around day break, so what launch will be less used by the pros by the bowl? Or is it a just in my best judgement to stay off the water. I have a 14 bass boat with enough experience to be out. I have been out a lot on the potholes while turneys were active but they only use a few launches there. Not too crowded. I am only asking because I have never been on this water and don't know how much water these fisherman cover, it is a 32 mile long lake big enough for everyone. Maybe I should choose another location???? :scratch: Let me know thanks again all for the info it really means a lot to me as I am doing my homework on this area. =D>
May be a little late, but I fished there for both the NW Bass event and the Spokane Bass Club event. Hula grubs are awesome now. Look for points and humps like the ones here.

Standard Nav Charts

SonarCharts
Spokane, WA
Navionics Sponsored
http://www.tbrinksfishing.com