Restocking the tackle box

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
burton31m
Angler

Restocking the tackle box

Post by burton31m » Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:59 am

What are all your new additions/restocks for this season? I'm just getting into the sport and was wondering what to stock my tackle box with.

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Re: Restocking the tackle box

Post by Amx » Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:11 am

It would take days to list and describe everything that you'll want in about 10 tackle boxes. And then you have to decide which box to take in the boat with you. Also how big of a boat to help figure out just how many boxes to take on any given fishing trip, which also depends on which Bass specie you're going after, which lake you're going to how deep or shallow you're going to fish.

For starters;

senko, plastic worms and lizards, tube lures, football head and other head shapes like round and pointed jigs from 1/8th oz to 1 oz, crankbaits that dive from 1 foot to 10 foot, Rattle traps from 1/4oz to 1 oz, top water such and PopRs, Spooks, buzzbaits, frogs, jerkbaits that go down to 3 feet and down to 10 feet, mostly suspending types, spinnerbaits from 1/4 oz to 1/2 oz, bigger if you like, dropshot, carolina rig.

Others will come up with at least 5 more lures they like to use.

So, that about does it for spring fishing.

Tomorrow is 'colors necessary for given lakes, and for general use'.
Tom.

Interests: living

FishingFool
Captain

Post by FishingFool » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:40 pm

Soft plastics. Crankbaits. Spinnerbaits.

See, simple.

angry john
Petty Officer

Post by angry john » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:45 pm

strike king compact spinnerbait
keitech swing impact and easy shiner
roboworms 4" dropshot worm
GYB sinko
serbertoutdoors.com jigs
big bites double tail grubs
duo crankbaits
lucky craft jerkbaits

Bass coffin to store them in.

If your not broke yet i could continue!!!!

Dan360
Petty Officer

Post by Dan360 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:40 pm

I tend to buy tackle for the lakes I plan to fish. If an opportunity comes up to fish somewhere else, I will ask the locals what types of baits are most commonly used. Sometimes I don't like what they say and use my regular stuff anyway. When I lived on the east side, I mostly fished for smallmouth. I'd carry more tubes than grubs, up to 5 inch senkos, deep-diving crankbaits of a flatter body shape, lipless cranks and jerkbaits. Now that I live on the west side and mostly fish for largemouth, I carry more grubs than tubes, up to 7 inch senkos, frogs, spooks, spinnerbaits and square-bill cranks of a chunkier nature. I don't have a bass boat so I tend to compartmentalize my gear into specialized tackle bags so I can grab and go.
There is certainly something in angling that tends to produce a serenity of the mind. ~Washington Irving

BassDood
Commander

Post by BassDood » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:05 pm

I fish from a tube and I love fishing everything. Plastics are my favorite tho as well as as jigs. My recent favorite is something from BPS...Wreak-N-Bug. Looks kind of like a big tadpole. I never said this :-"
http://s783.photobucket.com/albums/yy11 ... =slideshow" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PokeyPrasch
Petty Officer

Post by PokeyPrasch » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:09 am

Evolve Topwater Pulse/Species Frog

My favorite frog and summer confidence bait. They are discontinued, so ebay and a few other online stores are the only place to get them and soon they will be gone. These are a hard resin frog with a frog hook trailer, I have better hookups with this frog then the soft bodies I've used (Spro/Live Target) These aren't really a walking bait, it's more of a hop/pop. They run $10-15 so they aren't cheap but they hold up pretty well.

The difference between the Pulse and Species is size and a slightly different profile.
Batman Kiddie Pole

WCCT
Lieutenant

Post by WCCT » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:46 am

I would take a serious look at PowerTeam Lures line up of soft plastics. They have just about everything to cover your needs. The Craw D'oeuvre is phenomenal on jig or even drop shotted. The Texas-Rig Jig is great to pitch into cover. If you like tubes, the Food Chain Tube is IMO, the best on the market. The Finicky Tickler is also a great worm to drop shot or throw on a shakey head. Try the Oxblood with red flake color. They also offer one of the best little drop shot baits on the market in teh JP Hammer Shad. Take a look. PM sent.
D.J.