Sculpin pattern

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
AnglerNo.2112
Angler

Sculpin pattern

Post by AnglerNo.2112 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:40 pm

Anyone here use any sculpin pattern baits? What do you use, what works? I know they're in most of the lakes around here so the bass must be eating them...

HoytDaddy_6
Angler

Re: Sculpin pattern

Post by HoytDaddy_6 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:23 am

JigMiester Custom Lures has some awesome sculpin soft plastics. You can contact him through facebook

AnglerNo.2112
Angler

Post by AnglerNo.2112 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:26 pm

Darn I don't have Facebook haha. I guess I can use a friends Facebook though.

obryan214
Commander

Post by obryan214 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:20 pm

used sculpin pattern flies called muddlers for years on trout. work great. got a few bass in beaver ponds and lake nawahtzel on them too. nothing very big though but I was targeting trout.

WCCT
Lieutenant

Post by WCCT » Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:41 pm

The JP Hammer Shad from PowerTeam Lures makes a great sculpin imitator. It also makes a great baitfish imitator, it just depends on which colors you go with. Great baits. PM Sent

PokeyPrasch
Petty Officer

Post by PokeyPrasch » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:52 am

I agree with WCCT, the Powerteam shads are great (Their ticklers are great drop-shot baits). They have good daily deals or anyone who has purchased them online can give you a referral promo code for a percentage off or here is one for free shipping. (Use FBFAN for free shipping on $25+)
PM me if you want a referral code, I think it's like 10% off- WCCT probably has the same code too, anyone who buys direct from them does I think. If gives the referrer 7%(?) or something like that.

Roboworm also makes a sculpin that I like, a bit softer and skinnier than the Powerteam lures and don't last as long but they are great.
Batman Kiddie Pole

The Jigmiester
Petty Officer

Post by The Jigmiester » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:48 pm

Brother. The Jigmiester here. I hand pour a series of extremely realistic sculpin and goby baits from 2.5" to 4" long for smallmouth bass and walleye. I have some lure demo videos posted on my Jigmiester Custom lure's facebook page, but if you like feel free to contact me at 509-424-3427 and ask for Jiggy. Maybe I can set you up with some inexpensive sample packs. Guys just killed the big smallmouth on the Columbia River using my sculpin baits last year.