any body wanna sponsor a 17 year old?

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
SS minnow
Petty Officer

any body wanna sponsor a 17 year old?

Post by SS minnow » Thu May 30, 2013 10:56 am

trying to get something going for myself i dont kneed anything big quit yet but just looking to get my name out there and represent a company and promote there products please help me if you can .... thanks ss minnow
Attachments
pig.jpg
and a butt load of kings
pig.jpg (11.94 KiB) Viewed 2909 times
GetAttachment.jpg
and lots of these
GetAttachment.jpg (9.73 KiB) Viewed 2909 times
30626_130138109041374416t.jpg
plenty more of these to show for
30626_130138109041374416t.jpg (7.58 KiB) Viewed 2916 times
Last edited by SS minnow on Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

fishingmachine
Admiral

Re: any bodey wanna sponsor a 17 year old?

Post by fishingmachine » Thu May 30, 2013 11:10 am

What does your tournament resume look like?

SS minnow
Petty Officer

Post by SS minnow » Thu May 30, 2013 11:13 am

have never fished in 1 hahhahah i want to i have the experiance and the skills for sure i could pull a 20 pund bag easy its the fat amount of cash that i lack in

fishingmachine
Admiral

Post by fishingmachine » Thu May 30, 2013 11:17 am

Join a club. Fish as a backseater, fish the qualifiers. There are small electric only clubs as well. The people that get sponsored dont say they are able to do something. They just flat out go out there and do it.

SS minnow
Petty Officer

Post by SS minnow » Thu May 30, 2013 11:19 am

i do go out there and do its hard when ur dad wont support me in it tho! im have to spend all my money on the ****

fishingmachine
Admiral

Post by fishingmachine » Thu May 30, 2013 11:21 am

There are plenty of opportunities out there for you to make a name for yourself. But having a good tournament resume is a great start if your looking to get looks from the big companies. There are youth qualifiers as well. Check out wabass.org for more information.

ray figueroa
Angler

Post by ray figueroa » Thu May 30, 2013 7:04 pm

hay there young fella, this is CAPT LU the tattoo artist and owner of INKLIFE TATTOOS in olympia. my shop phone is 360-754-6623 or better yet come by the shop and lets talk some sponsorship. the 2 days im not here are mondays and tuesdays.

WCCT
Lieutenant

Post by WCCT » Fri May 31, 2013 5:18 am

I would recommend toning it down a bit. I love the enthusiasm, but it's better to put your dues in first, before talking some trash. There are plenty of us tournament guys out there that would love for you to donate your money. We have some of the best tournament fishermen in the country in our state. They have put there time in over the years to be as good as they are. They don't talk trash, they just quietly take your money. Join a small electric only club to start. I think it would be a great place for you to start before jumping in over your head.

tbeaty516
Petty Officer

Post by tbeaty516 » Fri May 31, 2013 9:11 am

I dont know if it is just myself but I would not sponsor or even give someone the time of day who could not spell "anybody".

I don't mean to be rude or anything but IMHO it is not hard to attempt to look professional or to even spell check on forums. Nowadays employers are going to peoples Facebook page to see what kind of person they could be hiring. I would not put it past someone who might be looking to sponsor someone completely looking past you due to the way you are acting on this forum. Again I am not trying to be rude just trying to enlighten you as to how you look.

Your typing and general presence are adolescent. If I wanted to sponsor someone I would like them to be professional to make me, and my company, look professional. I dont see the use of "hahhahah" or "wanna" as being professional. Also spell checking is not hard to do. I reread most everything I post it might not be perfect but it also doesn't look slapped together.. I hope.

I understand you are 17 and trying to get started on your fishing career. Good for you and I wish you luck. But what you are doing is the same as driving your honda down to the Nascar track and asking to get a good Pennzoil hood sticker and go round the track with the big boys..

Slow down. You say you fish but you are not displaying the patience I know you have. (every fisherman has some degree of patience)

The main advice I can give you is to start small but get out there. You have the skill and technique down, now you need to join clubs, get in tournaments and get out there. Be social. Find a cheap boat maybe even one that you get for cheap and fix. Anything that floats works. Trust me I have fished out of a 20 dollar float. Get out there and act professional.

I wish you luck and I hope you get going in the right direction. Don't get discouraged and don't take my post as being negative. I don't mean it to be. I'm giving you my point of view. Regardless.. Have fun and good luck to you.

P.S. Stay in school. [thumbsup]

sickbayer
Commodore

Post by sickbayer » Fri May 31, 2013 12:13 pm

tbeaty516 wrote:I dont know if it is just myself but I would not sponsor or even give someone the time of day who could not spell "anybody".

I don't mean to be rude or anything but IMHO it is not hard to attempt to look professional or to even spell check on forums. Nowadays employers are going to peoples Facebook page to see what kind of person they could be hiring. I would not put it past someone who might be looking to sponsor someone completely looking past you due to the way you are acting on this forum. Again I am not trying to be rude just trying to enlighten you as to how you look.

Your typing and general presence are adolescent. If I wanted to sponsor someone I would like them to be professional to make me, and my company, look professional. I dont see the use of "hahhahah" or "wanna" as being professional. Also spell checking is not hard to do. I reread most everything I post it might not be perfect but it also doesn't look slapped together.. I hope.

I understand you are 17 and trying to get started on your fishing career. Good for you and I wish you luck. But what you are doing is the same as driving your honda down to the Nascar track and asking to get a good Pennzoil hood sticker and go round the track with the big boys..

Slow down. You say you fish but you are not displaying the patience I know you have. (every fisherman has some degree of patience)

The main advice I can give you is to start small but get out there. You have the skill and technique down, now you need to join clubs, get in tournaments and get out there. Be social. Find a cheap boat maybe even one that you get for cheap and fix. Anything that floats works. Trust me I have fished out of a 20 dollar float. Get out there and act professional.

I wish you luck and I hope you get going in the right direction. Don't get discouraged and don't take my post as being negative. I don't mean it to be. I'm giving you my point of view. Regardless.. Have fun and good luck to you.

P.S. Stay in school. [thumbsup]

I concur I really believe the last 10 years as created an entitlement society of young people you don't seem to think they have to start on the bottom and work their way up!

returnofthefish
Captain

Post by returnofthefish » Fri May 31, 2013 12:27 pm

I agree with the last two comments. I was gonna say the same thing but felt like you wouldnt take the advise. Members gave you good advise in the first thread you made but decided it wasnt good enough and made another thread looking for sponsors. That Honda comment with the racing stickers was on point!!!

tbeaty516
Petty Officer

Post by tbeaty516 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:39 am

returnofthefish wrote:That Honda comment with the racing stickers was on point!!!
That was my favorite part too. [woot] I thought it illustrated my point the best.