Vance Creek Pond 2 (Lake Inez)

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
253Caster
Warrant Officer

Vance Creek Pond 2 (Lake Inez)

Post by 253Caster » Sun May 12, 2013 9:27 pm

Anybody familiar with this fishery? I was told it produces a good quantity of largies and plan on stopping by their on my way home from the coast on Tuesday. Bank access or would I be wasting my time without a boat?

Kevin K
Warrant Officer

Re: Vance Creek Pond 2 (Lake Inez)

Post by Kevin K » Mon May 13, 2013 8:40 am

The bank access is okay on both ends of the lake, but the sides are hit and miss (a lot of brush/plant life and steep banks). I haven't fished there since last year, but had decent luck from shore casting around the primitive boat launch and working the edges on the far end of the lake. It gets deep quickly, so the bass are usually not too far from the bank this time of year.

253Caster
Warrant Officer

Post by 253Caster » Mon May 13, 2013 10:53 am

I use braid to fish through vegetation so that shouldn't be a problem. Any bait preferences or should I just stick with whats working everywhere else?

Kevin K
Warrant Officer

Post by Kevin K » Mon May 13, 2013 11:43 am

My best luck there has come on soft plastics fished with light or no weight (i.e. soft stick baits), and/or minnow style baits like a floating and/or suspending Rapala. Given the contour changes on the far end, a mid to deep diving crank and/or a jig might also be productive.