Top bass lakes in King/Snohomish county

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
swayner23
Petty Officer

Top bass lakes in King/Snohomish county

Post by swayner23 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:37 am

I've been checking out some different lakes recently now that I have a raft(no motor yet). This has proved fruitless so far. I've been to Cassidy, Serene, Martha, Bitter, the Arboretum and Haller most recently. Only caught 5 largies on all of these waters and they were all at Haller this past Saturday, none over a pound. Can anybody recommend some lakes that may produce bigger and larger numbers? I catch and release only and am still dreaming of a 10+ fishing day with some 3+ pounders. Thanks for any info, pm me if you don't want to spill all the beans.

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Re: Top bass lakes in King/Snohomish county

Post by Amx » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:45 am

King Co. - Pine, Beaver, Sawyer, Meridian, to name a few. There are others also. Most any of the real small lakes you'll find on a King County map, which is why I need to get a small motorless boat.
Tom.

Interests: living

swayner23
Petty Officer

Post by swayner23 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:08 pm

Pine and Beaver are on my list to check out, as well as a few more that look promising. I'm just trying to narrow it down to weed out the lakes that won't produce as well. Thanks for the input Amx!

bass kickin redneck
Petty Officer

Post by bass kickin redneck » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:52 pm

Sawyer has speed limits in the morning and evenings and has nice size bass
Shut up and fish

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:17 pm

Its not the best,probably not even close but Flowing in Snoho has
some nice bass,we take the kids there a couple times a year.

swayner23
Petty Officer

Post by swayner23 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:20 am

Thanks Kevin, that looks pretty good. I'm seeing lots of little lakes up there.

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:54 pm

Not a problem,again,I know Flowing isn't the best by any means but
its decent. There's quite a few bass lakes in that area. We'll be back
up there in a few weeks. The only drawback is pleasure boats on the weekend

Kevin K
Warrant Officer

Post by Kevin K » Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:23 pm

I've caught decent numbers in Steel as well as Trout Lake.

Bryne Chum
Petty Officer

Post by Bryne Chum » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:37 am

Washington,Union and Green. The arboretum is a real tuff spot to fish. I've never seen or cought anything bigger than 3-4 inchs in the arboretum.

BassSlayer1981
Petty Officer

Post by BassSlayer1981 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:17 pm

Bitter if you haven't already been there. It has 8 years worth of human sewage in it but thats why the bass are big in there. I like Roesiger and flowing lake for nice bass. But the best bassin is east of the mts.

swayner23
Petty Officer

Post by swayner23 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:10 pm

I did fish Haller lake Saturday and finally got 11 bass:) Most were a pound or well under but did start the day with a nice post spawn 2 lbr. Also had a monster 4+ lbr follow my crankbait at Martha this morning but that's the only fish I saw.

@bryne chum
I've fished parts of Washington from shore and the arboretum as well. Can't believe how hard it is to find any bass back there. I also fished the park at S. Lk. Union with no luck but the Fremont canal pretty frequently when the bite is on.

@bass slayer
I fished Bitter lake a couple weeks ago. Only had a few bites but also lost a very big one in the lilly pads next to a dock. I've never been so mad at losing a fish like that, still shaking my head, lol. I know there's good bass in there so I'll try again. Thanks guys!

2000subaru
Commander

Post by 2000subaru » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:21 am

Don't count out Morton and Fenwick. I know they hold a fish or two. Both have a gravel launch and plenty of shoreline to toss jigs at.

2000subaru
Commander

Post by 2000subaru » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:22 am

Oh yeah... What about Lake Desire and some of the ponds out the Petrovitsky in Renton. The possibilities are endless.

netminderSea
Angler

Post by netminderSea » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:43 pm

It's funny how low our bar is over here. I've fished for bass in so many of the lakes discussed in this thread never having a "great" day by "normal" standards. If you ask someone fishing Moses or Pot Holes what a "great" day is and you're talking about 30 fish averaging 4lbs with a few pigs. In this area if you can pull 5 from any lake averaging 2lbs...

Oddly enough, I've not fished Bitter except for as a little 8 year old kid but lived not too far away. Is there ample spot to drop in a boat if even a dirt launch?

Thanks,

Net

swayner23
Petty Officer

Post by swayner23 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:29 pm

There isn't a boat launch that I know of. You'd have to park by the ball fields and carry it 200 ft. or so to the shore. We took my 12 ft raft out there and a couple guys have taken small boats down, maybe someone else can chime in on that. But there are definitely bass in there, I just couldn't find them. Lol, I hear you on the pot holes/Moses thing, 30 bass would be just fine with me!

@Subaru, I've looked at Fenwick and will also check out some lakes near Maplewood. Thanks!

bob johansen
Commander

Post by bob johansen » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:58 am

You could check out my article "Top 18 King County Bass Lakes" on page 3 of the WL Articles section. I think I also have an article on the Snohomish County Bass lakes in that section. A smaller version of those articles were published in a well known outdoor magazine a few years ago. It is too bad that the photos I sent with them were not included.

swayner23
Petty Officer

Post by swayner23 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:55 am

Hi Bob, thanks for the recommendation. I searched several pages back but didn't see the king co. lakes. I did see one for Thurston county and duck lake by ocean shores you had wrote. And after searching several pages, I noticed several articles on bass habitat, tendencies and other great info that should give anyone better knowledge. Thanks again!

bob johansen
Commander

Post by bob johansen » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:43 am

Swayner - Go to "Features" section - "Select articles and stories" -- in the category select "lakes". The Snohomish County Bass Lakes article is on page 2 and the King County bass lakes article O:) is on page 3. You might check out the great bass fishing in the Columbia River lakes article that is also on page 2. I loved exploring these lakes. Good Luck. BJ

BassDood
Commander

Post by BassDood » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:23 pm

Bob, great to see you post. Anyone, if you have any questions about bass in this state, ask Bob. The man flat knows the waters in this state. He's an encyclopedia
http://s783.photobucket.com/albums/yy11 ... =slideshow" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bob johansen
Commander

Post by bob johansen » Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:07 am

Thanks for the kind words Jerry