Powell Bass Rods

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
marktfd88
Petty Officer

Powell Bass Rods

Post by marktfd88 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:12 am

Hey Washington Lakers, I have worked out a deal with Powell rods for the upcoming spring season. Keith at Powell was nice enough to offer Powell rods at 20% off. All you do is go to the http://www.powellco.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and in the upper right hand corner under dealer / prostaff login put:
username: mark
password: tacoma

This will log you in under my prostaff account and give you 20% off any of their rods.
You will then build the shipping info card card info and bingo, you will be getting your Powell rods in about a week shipped directly from the factory.
If you have any questions about the rods please give me a call at 206 719 6111 and I will do my best to let you know what rods that you need for the particular style your looking for. Also Powell introduced the Diesel series and at $58 bucks or so you can't get a better rod for the price. The first batch sold out in less than 10 days and Powell just got another order in so get them while they are hot.

Mark Maderos

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Re: Powell Bass Rods

Post by Mike Carey » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:10 pm

thanks Mark, nice deal for the bass guys.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

marktfd88
Petty Officer

Post by marktfd88 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:58 am

Your welcome Mike, just trying to get some good rods into peoples hands to go fishing with in the up coming season.

Mark Maderos

3footvis
Warrant Officer

Post by 3footvis » Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:13 pm

Was checking out their site. Does anyone know what their graphite compares to i.e. IM rating, modulus rating, etc. Saw "Powell’s proprietary Maxumfiber blank technology" on the site but no explanation & no place to see these and check them out.

marktfd88
Petty Officer

Post by marktfd88 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:26 pm

I will call Keith, ( President of Powell ) and try and get an answer in the next few days. IM rating can be a little misleading though. I have some Bass Pro Shops rods that are rated IM 60 million, and that rod is a heavy, unbalanced P.O.S. The action is a broom stick and it's so tip heavy that it's pretty much worthless. I have had some IM 40 rods that are really light, sensitive and well balanced and worth every penny of the price. With that being said, Powells are not as light and as sensitvie as say a Loomis IMX / GLX. Very few rods are, but I will say that Powell has really captured the right balance of sensitivity, actions, durability, and lightness that makes them an outstanding value. Plenty of pro's use these rods to make their living. If the rods really sucked that wouldn't be happening. I have been priveldged to sell a ton of these rods to local guys here in Washington, and to a person, everyone has been very satisfied with the rods.

Mark

marktfd88
Petty Officer

Post by marktfd88 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:09 am

So I sent an email to Keith and the rods are not rated with an IM rating. They use graphite, but the way the rod blank is manufactured there is no IM rating..... The way it was explained to me is how the graphite is put together to make rods. In this case Powell doesn't not use a standard longitudinal graphite that other rod manufactures use and therefore don't have the " IM " rating that this older technology has.
Hope this helps.... If you have any more ???? or want to check some out in person just give me a call.

Mark

3footvis
Warrant Officer

Post by 3footvis » Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:42 pm

Thanks, appreciate the info.