State Record Largemouth Bass

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
stoshzydek
Petty Officer

RE:State Record Largemouth Bass

Post by stoshzydek » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:57 pm

If I caught anything close to what I thought was 10 lbs, first thing I would do is call 911.

991: Please state your emergency
Me: I caught a big fish and I need it weighed.

Anglinarcher
Admiral

Post by Anglinarcher » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:27 pm

You must be young, for me, if I was close to a state record, my partner might call 911.

This is 911, please state your emergency!
My friend just caught a State Record Fish, I think he is having a hart attack!
Sir, are you sure your friend caught the fish?
No, actually it was me, but I still think Anglinarcher is having a hart attack - LOL
Too much water, so many fish, too little time.

basser90
Warrant Officer

Post by basser90 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:47 pm

Well, I'm old enough to keel over any day, but when that fish got in the boat I just peed my pants :-"

BillMcMurry
Petty Officer

Post by BillMcMurry » Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:47 am

Anglinarcher wrote:
basser90 wrote:Lotta fish stories :^o . You also now need to report the body of water you caught it in. Can you imagine what would happen to your favorite lake when every report in the state says that the State Record was caught in ................? I doubt that any fish could survive the onslaught of fishermen.

.:bball:

I AGREE! sometimes I regret opening my mouth many years ago on a similar washington fishing site about night fishing kapowsin.... 99% of the time it was just my Dad and i, every friday and sat night, catching 6's, 7's and bigger (either break um off or throwin hooks), until one night, someone else showed up too night fish, then another and another and so on..... it went from really awesome too Horriable.... so if i caught a record, its tough too say, but i think, givin the right situation, take some pics, and put her back..... "loose lips sink ships"

unless theres lots of money and a new boat LOL we all have our breaking point ;)
Last edited by BillMcMurry on Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
gotten Bigger to the boat...... but I just cant get them in too beat 7lb 15oz...... one day ill just use the dang net lOl

Anglinarcher
Admiral

Post by Anglinarcher » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:14 pm

BillMcMurry wrote:
Anglinarcher wrote:
basser90 wrote:Lotta fish stories :^o . You also now need to report the body of water you caught it in. Can you imagine what would happen to your favorite lake when every report in the state says that the State Record was caught in ................? I doubt that any fish could survive the onslaught of fishermen.

.:bball:

I AGREE! sometimes I regret opening my mouth many years ago on a similar washington fishing site about night fishing kapowsin.... 99% of the time it was just my Dad and i, every friday and sat night, catching 6's, 7's and bigger (either break um off or throwin hooks), until one night, someone else showed up too night fish, then another and another and so on..... it went from really awesome too Horriable.... so if i caught a record, its tough too say, but i think, givin the right situation, take some pics, and put her back..... "loose lips sink ships"

unless theres lots of money and a new boat LOL we all have our breaking point ;)
Agree, but that breaking point may be honesty.

Realy, I did catch the fish on the West Side, I just brought it back to the East side to weigh.:-" :^o
Too much water, so many fish, too little time.

BillMcMurry
Petty Officer

Post by BillMcMurry » Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:11 am

true. very true dude, honesty is the big one!!!!!
gotten Bigger to the boat...... but I just cant get them in too beat 7lb 15oz...... one day ill just use the dang net lOl

kenimes
Petty Officer

Post by kenimes » Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:29 pm

Palmer Lake- Okanogan County
or
Comlumbia River as others have mentioned.

Probably stand a chance on the Snake River as well.

Go E WA!!

Ragin Cajun
Angler

Post by Ragin Cajun » Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:21 pm

Was out night fishing a small lake recently and caught two vary large bass in same location about 10 min apart, first one weighed in at 10# 14oz and second one weight in at 9# 8oz. I couldn't get good pics and I wanted to get them back in the water asap, my boat's live well is not that big and I was worried about them not lasting until morning.

I thought the scales I have were right but after punching in the first fishes size I find they may be off, the first one was 27.5"long and 21" around.

Three days later my buddy who lives on the lake saw 7 bass boats out on the lake, compared to the normal of one once or twice a week. So loose lips do sink good fishing spots.
Attachments
photo.jpg
photo.jpg (130.61 KiB) Viewed 2000 times

ChrisB
Captain

Post by ChrisB » Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:38 pm

So how many people did you tell ?? Your fault, night fishing is about as private as you can get.
aka Powerworm

tagwatson360
Commander

Post by tagwatson360 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:54 pm

Amazing fish, Ragin'!

Hats off to you not only for the incredible catches, but for getting your trophies back in the water as soon as possible to not stress them out. Also, proof that night fishing during the summer can be one of your best chances at the fish (or two) of a lifetime. Well done and congratulations!!!!

ChrisB
Captain

Post by ChrisB » Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:49 pm

I agree Tag. I was glad to see this post yesterday, as I went night fishing myself last night. Ragin, did you get any other pictures, and is the picture the biggest one ? I would go crazy if I broke my PB twice in 10 minutes, nice work !
aka Powerworm

spindog
Commander

Post by spindog » Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:15 pm

tagwatson360 wrote:Amazing fish, Ragin'!

Hats off to you not only for the incredible catches, but for getting your trophies back in the water as soon as possible to not stress them out. Also, proof that night fishing during the summer can be one of your best chances at the fish (or two) of a lifetime. Well done and congratulations!!!!
My hat is also off to you.
Congratulations on your catch. What a thrill!
I really get a thrill watching these huge predators swim off after a release.
I purposely do not tell people where I've caught my biggest or the lakes that
hold numbers of "large" catchable bass. Most small lakes can't take the fishing
pressure that happens even with a little dock talk at the ramp.

I also was fortunate to catch 2 over 10lbs in a season, not in one night,
my Avatar is my PB-11 lb/ 9 oz. It came out of a lake I refer to as lake X.
I would not be able to kill even a world record, don't have it in me.

So many small bodies of water have some really huge bass, and enough forage
to support them. Wouldn't have thought, but they are there! O MOMMA!!!
Last edited by spindog on Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cast first, worry later.