First time at Riffe

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Ocktane
Warrant Officer

First time at Riffe

Post by Ocktane » Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:00 am

Hey everyone! My girlfriend and I are going camping at Mossyrock next weekend for the 4th. Anyone have any tips/tactics or general info they are willing to share for bass fishin' at Riffe Lake? Anything would be greatly appreciated. Post back or PM if you wish, thanks! -Nick
"I believe that hard work really makes a man, but everyone should wet a line, every now and then." -Eric Church

Bigbass Dez
Admiral

RE:First time at Riffe

Post by Bigbass Dez » Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:29 pm

SHOOT ME A P.M :-"

Dobyns Rods
http://www.dobynsrods.com/

Panic Minnow
http://density-tackle.com/

3 Rivers marine
3riversmarine.com

B.A.S.S member
F.L.W. member
T.B.F member

Official WashingtonLakes.com Video Consultant

BillMcMurry
Petty Officer

Post by BillMcMurry » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:49 pm

My lady and I will be there on sunday. its been years since ive fished it but if I run accross yah out there ill tell whats been workin and so forth. anyway, best of luck!
gotten Bigger to the boat...... but I just cant get them in too beat 7lb 15oz...... one day ill just use the dang net lOl

Ocktane
Warrant Officer

Post by Ocktane » Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:34 am

Good deal Bill! Just look for the allison. I'd say I'll be the only one but my buddy from Richland will be out there on his ally boat too! Best of luck to you too and enjoy!
"I believe that hard work really makes a man, but everyone should wet a line, every now and then." -Eric Church

Brianh
Petty Officer

Post by Brianh » Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:23 am

Be sure you head down to the other end. There may be largemouths in the grass lines depending on the water level. We did well on the Cosmos flats with Jerkbaits, and thru some Panic Minnows with a 211 Gama head on them. We were not right on the bank, but off a bit on some humps that are father offshore. Caught lots of small mouth, but also caught a Squawfish (Northern Pikeminnow)that weighed in at 7.6 lbs. Biggest I have ever caught or seen. Anyway, there are plenty of smallmouth down there, plus it makes for a nice boatride. Watch out for wood though, as there was a bunch of big stuff floating around.
Brianh
Panic Minnows
"Rain or Shine, I'm going fishin"

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by natetreat » Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:27 am

My brother and I fished there around the park and he did well in the channel of the river that comes from the other lake behind the park. He was using a blue fox spinner and caught about five smallies in an hour or so from shore.

rseas
Commander

Post by rseas » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:02 pm

We will be camping there the following weekend but I don't know anything about the bass fishing. We plan to mix things up a bit, fishing Riffe for both landlocked coho and then for smallmouth. We also plan to fish Mayfield for tiger musky and explore the canyons with the boat. We are pretty excited about the whole weekend. A few weeks ago we had great luck fishing the landlocked coho for the first time so we are hoping for a repeat performance. Then with all the new to us fishing opportunities and lots of new areas to explore it should make for a way cool weekend.

'OL GREY DOG
Commander

Post by 'OL GREY DOG » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:29 pm

just heard Kok's everywhere breath a sigh of relief

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:37 pm

rseas wrote:We will be camping there the following weekend but I don't know anything about the bass fishing. We plan to mix things up a bit, fishing Riffe for both landlocked coho and then for smallmouth. We also plan to fish Mayfield for tiger musky and explore the canyons with the boat. We are pretty excited about the whole weekend. A few weeks ago we had great luck fishing the landlocked coho for the first time so we are hoping for a repeat performance. Then with all the new to us fishing opportunities and lots of new areas to explore it should make for a way cool weekend.

The canyons are super cool, your family will really enjoy them.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

BillMcMurry
Petty Officer

Post by BillMcMurry » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:40 pm

had a great day on sunday, for fishin that lake for the first time in 10 years or so, did some exploreing, caught some small fish, had acouple real nice follows, but the big ones were down deep. played with the aqua view, biggums were around 20 ft mark. found new structure. going back this saturday. on the very plus side, when we put the boat up on the trailer a nice triton was behind us and my lady was in total awe of its size and space! so lol she likes the idea of a Z-9 CDC ... maybe it will be a good X-mas this year lol
gotten Bigger to the boat...... but I just cant get them in too beat 7lb 15oz...... one day ill just use the dang net lOl