Lake Tapps, first trip

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
BillMcMurry
Petty Officer

Lake Tapps, first trip

Post by BillMcMurry » Sat May 07, 2011 1:57 am

Ok, well, my wifes B-day is the 11th next week and Im taking the day off and we are going to tapps. the down side, i have never been there lol I live about 5 miles from the state launch. So since i dont know anything about the lake, iam looking for imput of any kind.ive been on google earth i dont know how many times and holy moly theres point everywhere!!!! but i have seen all the nasty stumps when the water is down but like i said, just looking for any suggestions/imput.
gotten Bigger to the boat...... but I just cant get them in too beat 7lb 15oz...... one day ill just use the dang net lOl

f1sh1nf00l
Warrant Officer

RE:Lake Tapps, first trip

Post by f1sh1nf00l » Sun May 08, 2011 3:33 pm

I dont know the lake all that well, but I know this. The stumps out in front of the rip rap levies hold fish. You can find those on the map. Also fish the many rocky points that you will find between the levies. This time of year, stump fields in shallower water should have fish looking for bedding spots. Thats about all I know about that. I might hit Tapps next weekend myself. Good lake, and you never know what's gonna hit your lure....

BillMcMurry
Petty Officer

Post by BillMcMurry » Sun May 08, 2011 4:08 pm

Cool. im figuring of judt dropping the trolling motor and heading south from the boat launch, the stat launch that is. so we will see.
gotten Bigger to the boat...... but I just cant get them in too beat 7lb 15oz...... one day ill just use the dang net lOl

BillMcMurry
Petty Officer

Post by BillMcMurry » Mon May 09, 2011 9:26 am

scratch this trip.... apperantly, yesterday while i was down stairs with the fella's, the miss's made plans with the other ladies too get there nails done on her b-day and some how i cant go fishin????? so ill be felling trees instead... need to stock up on firewood anyway.... :(

Rich McVey
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Rich McVey » Mon May 09, 2011 12:18 pm

Just a note, Its a Pierce County Park/Launch at the North end. No State launches.

We like getting off of the main body of the lake. Back into the coves, around the bridges, and look for the developing weed beds.

Check out this map http://www.washingtonlakes.com/TopoMaps ... Pierce.gif