Pearrygin Lake

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Mr. Magler
Petty Officer

Pearrygin Lake

Post by Mr. Magler » Thu May 06, 2010 11:23 am

Does anyone know of any bass being in this lake? From the info I've read it seems to be a trout-only lake, but I've also heard rumors of Billy Bass roaming the shallows.
Wishin' I was fishin',

Mr. Magler

basser90
Warrant Officer

RE:Pearrygin Lake

Post by basser90 » Thu May 06, 2010 12:10 pm

I used to go there all the time and have never seen or heard of a bass being caught. We used to trout fish and crawdad fish.

pilchuck
Petty Officer

Post by pilchuck » Thu May 06, 2010 12:49 pm

The lake was rehabed in 2006 to remove bass and suckers. Possibly some bass may have survived or have been re introduced again but doubtful there is a fishable number of bass there if any...

sickbayer
Commodore

Post by sickbayer » Thu May 06, 2010 5:47 pm

basser90 wrote:I used to go there all the time and have never seen or heard of a bass being caught. We used to trout fish and crawdad fish.
are the crawdads tasty?
Seeking the violent take downs

Thunder jet
V8 309 pump
HAL the tr1 auto pilot
T8 high thrust
LCX 28 HD
Lowrance Broadband Sounder
Fusion for the beat
Penn 835's for the bang zone

basser90
Warrant Officer

Post by basser90 » Fri May 07, 2010 3:32 am

Oh ya. I would set a couple traps and they would generally be full when I would pick them up. There seemed to be a healthy population of them. Around dusk my kids and I would wade in the water and catch them with a fishing net. A lot of fun for the llittle ones. It takes quite a few to make it worth while, but it always was for us. Boil em up and party down
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri May 07, 2010 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.